Chapter 22 - The Tresspasser

Wolf Hunter

Wolf Hunter

© Copyright 2016 - Please do not copy any part or idea from this book.

Chapter 22

"What? Who?" I asked immediately. Atticus ignored me and stalked off further into the forest.

I ran after him once I processed everything in my mind.

Who could it be? Is it my father? My mother?

He said a hunter, so it must be only one.

I hope it's not my father. And it shouldn't be Danny because it hasn't even been five days since my conversation with my father.

I caught up to Atticus, panting.

There was a group of men in a circle, and I heard groaning.

They're beating the crap out of the hunter, that's for sure.

I ran ahead of Atticus, even though my throat complained.

I moved the men aside and saw a very beaten up Danny on the floor.

"Danny?!"

His groans were my reply. A wolf lifted his leg up to kick Danny in the stomach.

"Stop!" I yelled. I threw myself in front of Danny, taking the kick for him.

I felt the air get kicked out of my lungs, and I immediately started seeing stars in my vision. I gulped for air, while laying down next to Danny.

He may be a hunter, but he is my best friend.

"What the f*ck is your problem?!" I heard Atticus yell.

I lifted up my head and saw Atticus pushing around the guy who kicked me.

"You waste of skin! How dare you kick your Luna?" Atticus roared.

I turned to Danny and smiled at him.

"Hey, Danny," I said.

"Vitani," he breathed out weakly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, suddenly feeling the pain start to go away.

It must be my wolf healing me.

"I came to help you wolves out. I heard what happened, your father told headquarters. I realize that you obviously don't love me anymore, but I still love you, in a friendly way, and I want to help you," he said. I blinked at him.

"Can I trust you, Danny?"

"Of course! Why would you even ask that?" He asked, hurt flashing across his face.

"I know how loyal you are to my father," I whispered. He rolled his eyes.

"I'm loyal to your father, but that was the line," he said, drawing a line on the dirt. "And he definitely crossed it." He crossed his finger over the line he drew.