7.

(TW: Mention of sexual assault and abuse)

Viviana's POV

"Hey" I said with my chin very close to Katie's shoulder from behind. She looked to her side and gave me a small smile "hi Vivi" I smiled at the nickname and stood in front of her "here you go" I said giving her the drink I made for. Just like the one she asked me to make last week.

"Just the way you like it" she took a sip from it and nodded "it tastes very good. Thank you" I smiled and nodded my head "no problem-" someone pushed me from behind making me stumble a little and hit Katie's drink which spilled everything on her clothes, which are white.

"Oh shit" I said trying to wipe the mess "Viv did you really have to be so..what's the word? Dumb?" I clenched my jaw and my fists, trying to control myself before I just punch Jenny in the face.

"Do you need help?" She asked changing completely and helping Katie "let me help you take your shirt off so you can take mine" Jenny said. Her shirt was tight just like Katie's.

I don't want Katie to feel uncomfortable taking her shirt off in front of everyone in here since most of the students just got here for their classes.

"No you don't have to.." I put my backpack on the floor and pulled my shirt over my head, helping Katie put it over her crop top "..here is this" my shirt was really big on her but it was cute, she looks really pretty.

"Nah it's too big she should probably have mine-" Katie shook her head and stopped Jenny from holding the shirt "I like it"

I smiled and helped her put her backpack on again. I stood behind her and moved my face closer to her ear "can I kiss your cheek?" I asked her. She nodded her head and I placed a soft kiss on her cheek, seeing her cheeks turn a little pink "one more?" I laughed and nodded, placing another kiss on her cheek.

I looked up to see Jenny looking at us with jealousy in her eyes. My point was not to make her jealous, I just wanted to kiss Katie's cheek. I wanted to feel her skin against mine even if it was for a split second.

"Your lips are very soft, what kind of chapstick do you use?" She asked turning around and looking at me. Her eyes were focused on my lips and I couldn't help but lick them a little "you have really pretty lips" she said.

She put her hand on my chin softly but she was very hesitant. I didn't say anything and just waited for her to do whatever she wants. She ran her thumb on my bottom lip then she pulled her hand back immediately "that was weird. I apologize"

I can't stop smiling.

"It wasn't weird" her making physical contact with me, makes me feel..special. I want her to make physical contact with me. I like her softness and gentleness whenever she tries to touch me in any way.

"Let's go to class" Jenny said holding Katie's hand and pulling her away. Katie tried to pull her hand away which she did successfully after an aggressive and very short argument between the two of them.

Katie turned to look at me and waved her hand awkwardly like always. I smiled and waved back.

———

I walked in the regular room that we stay in waiting for our next classes. I saw Katie sitting while having her lunch box on her thighs that were closed together so the lunch box doesn't fall as she held her sandwich gently with the tip of her fingers while eating perfectly lines from it.

I sat down in front of her and noticed her wearing my shirt that I gave to her a few days ago.

I think my heart skipped a few beats.

"Did you wash that shirt?" I asked her. She shook her head and looked up at me "no. It has your smell and I like how you smell" I looked down feeling my cheeks burn at what she said.

Keep yourself together Viviana.

"I can give you some other shirts later if you want that" I said. She shrugged "I got used to this but when it's winter, can I have one of your jackets?" I laughed and nodded "you can take whatever you want. I can walk naked if you want that" she shook her head "I don't want that" she said very seriously which made me laugh "okay then, I won't"

We talked for a little and of course Jenny had to join us and try to take all the attention from me. I decided to not say anything and just let Jenny try to talk her way to Katie's heart.

In the end, Jenny will be better for Katie. I'm still fucked up from my last relationship and I don't want to fuck Katie up with me. Not that I didn't move on from my ex girlfriend, I was just trapped in that relationship for so long. It felt like prison and it destroyed me in every way possible, she destroyed me.

I have never felt so powerless but I lost every possible strength I felt when I was with her. I was always the strong one in my family and she tore me down in months, maybe even weeks.

I loved her. I was tricked into loving someone who was possibly the worst person for me. She had a way of manipulating and gaslighting me.

I took a long time to move on from her and I did but I can't forget what she did to me, physically and mentally.

I feel weak.

And Katie needs someone with a strong personality that will treat her amazingly. I really want to be the one to make her happy but I'm afraid that I won't be able to do that and I'd just end up hurting her beautiful, pure heart.

I really do feel like I'm weak and that I can't keep myself together. Everyone thinks I'm brave and strong but I've been trying to 'fake it' till I make it but nothing is working.

I remember once, I was at a carnival just a few months back. I was with my best friend and a few of our friends, having fun and doing all type of shit. It was very crowned and full of perverts that's why I stayed close to my friends to make sure nothing happens.

We were standing in line to get something to eat and I saw a girl my age. A few guys were annoying her and I looked around hoping any of the adults or security guards would stop the disgusting thing that is happening in front of everyone but no one did so I decided to step in because I couldn't just walk away when I'm literally seeing someone getting sexually assaulted and harassed.

I went towards her and I was wearing a tank crop top with some sweatpants so my muscles were showing and I'm really tall, taller than a few guys that were annoying her so I took that as a privilege and advantage to defend her.

I stood in front of her and pushed one of the guys back. I started talking to them and telling them to stay away from her. I tried my best to keep myself together because I felt like crying for some reason but when she interlocked her fingers with mine and held my hand tightly as she stood behind me, it made me want to make sure that she stays safe, that I should keep her safe.

Her grip was so tight and her body was shaking, I heard quiet whimpering and sobbing from behind me. It broke me.

She was holding onto me like I was her last hope and I couldn't let her down.

I stayed with her for the whole night and made sure she got home safely. I took her number and we talk every once in a while and she keeps thanking me a lot for what I did.

But what no one knows is that after that night, I went back to my apartment and started crying. I felt so overwhelmed from having to act like I was some brave bitch but I couldn't even defend myself when I was put in a situation with my girlfriend. Not sexual assault, abuse.

I didn't want to act strong, I didn't want to overwhelm myself but I knew I had to. Especially if we live in a world like this.