Chapter 24 : War and Victory !

"So it is time..." Graystripe inquired as he and Firestar were leading the Skyclan Cats toward Windclan Camp. That had woke up early in the morning and were now ready for the coming battle. The young Leader had looked at his Warriors with a hint of worry : this battle will be terrible and some cats would surely die. He prayed Starclan that they would get out victorious of this fight so they could return home to their loved ones.

Despise being in the forest where he grew up, Firestar missed his Clan and above all his family. Creampelt must have gave birth to their kits and Goldenpaw must be worried about them all. Graystripe, him, missed his kits, Stormpaw and Featherpaw He wasn't the only one who missed their Clan : Cloudtail was always thinking about Brightheart and about his surely born-kits. The rest of the group too missed their homes but they wouldn't back down from their promise to help.

Firestar then looked back at his longtime friend with a reassuring smile "It is but I know we will win..." then he looked over at his Warriors before saying in a clear and firm tone "We will win because we... are... SKYCLAN ! THE NOBLEST CLAN OF THE WORLD !" As soon as he said this, his Warriors yowled their agreement and the fire in their eyes burned in determination.

Graystripe's remark then caused him to look back at his friend "I always knew you would make a good leader..." Firestar nodded at him before leading his group toward Windclan Camp but they instead found Tallstar, Leopardstar and all their Warriors gathered at the entrance and all seemed to be waiting for them. Another surprise was the presence of Barley and Ravenpaw among the Windclan Warriors !

" Greetings Firestar, Graystripe..." The old black and white tom said to the younger toms who bowed their heads back in a respectful manner as they greeted the two Leaders. Leopardstar didn't said anything but she greeted them by bowing her head. "It is time... We should go now..." Tallstar inquired as he turned around before walking toward where Four Trees where. Instantly he was followed by his fellow Leaders along with their Clans. During the trip, we could hear the excited murmurs from the apprentices who were totally conscious of the danger they were all about to oppose.

On the way, Firestar and Graystripe got to talk with their friend Ravenpaw who explained that he and Barley chose to help the Clans to drive out Bloodclan. When asked how he knew, the black tom responded that it was Onewhisker who told them. Barley explained to them that he was once a member of Bloodclan but left moons ago because he had enough. He decided to help because he wanted to get rid of Bloodclan so the Cats from Two-Legs place could finally live in peace.

Anyway, the large group of cats almost reached Four Trees when bristles caught their attention and all turned their heads to see Whitestorm and Sandstorm leading the Thunderclan Warriors. "Whitestorm ! Welcome... You too Sandstorm..." Firestar greeted them friendly and they returned the gesture. " Its a dark day for the Clans..." The White tom remarked somberly as his yellow eyes looked at everyone.

"Yes but we will defend our territory at all cost !" Leopardstar replied back sternly and yowls of agreement came from the Riverclan Warriors and from some of the others. Whitestorm nodded and all Four Clans headed toward Four Trees where everything would take place and where Fate will decided WHO will rule the Forest.

Firestar was walking side by side with Whitestorm, Sandstorm and Graystripe. The day before, they answered the questions of their former Clan-mates who were really shocked about what they learned from the two : one than Firestar was never a Kittypet but a Clan-born cat ; two than Skyclan once lived among the Four Clans but were kicked out ; three... well than now they were more happy in Skyclan than they were in Thunderclan.

Some Cats had apologize for not standing more for them the day Tigerstar banished them but the two dismissed them saying that they did what they could and that they held no hard feelings against anyone. Firestar even got to learn why Swiftwing seemed to dislike (more like hate) his nephew Cloudtail : from what some said, Swiftwing had a crush of Brightpaw and when she left for Cloudpaw... his heart broke and he grew to hate his former friend.