Ninjas and Spiders

(Jay)

Yep. Brielle was definitely mental, positively insane, even.

"What the hell is she doing?" I hissed to the guys.

Kai shrugged. "Dunno. Should we help her?"

Zane was watching the scene before us intently. The whole cavern was still. Silence consumed the air like fog. No one moved. Until Arachne smirked with that monstrosity of a mouth of hers. Her bright white fangs glinted maliciously in the dim light of the arena. Brielle's father twitched a bit.

Brielle held her ground.

"No." Zane murmured shortly.

"But we have to-"

Cole was cut off by Zane.

"No." He stated again.

You can't help but just agree and believe with Zane, as he was a Nindroid, and hardly ever wrong with his explanations. They were always logical in some sort of way.

"But why?!" Cole cried, agitated.

"This is Brielle's fight. If she needs us, she will call for us if she needs our assistance," Zane explained promptly.

"You're right," I agreed. It made sense.

(Brielle)

Hundreds of thousands of eyes were staring at me. That's it. Just staring. What were they waiting for?

"Well, Brielle, it seems you have returned to our domain. Foolish of you to come alone," Arachne cooed in her raspy tone.

Now it was time for me to smirk.

"Oh, but, alas, my 'queen'," I spat, "I am not alone."

"What?" gasped Arachne.

My smile became even broader. I simply did not reply and sauntered over to the place where the crane was controlled. The Pouncenarai that was manning it looked at me in surprise as I threw open the door.

"What are you doing?" Arachne screeched.

"Saving my dad, DUH!!!" I shouted back.

"What? I... don't understand... WHY ISN'T ANYONE GOING AFTER THE NINJA!!!!????" Arachne wailed. "ATTACK!"

Suddenly, the Pouncenarai that was in the crane leapt up and whipped a dagger at me. I dodged it with ease. I flung one fan at the spider. The sharp blades on the end of each section of the fan sliced through the body of the Arachneion swiftly. I cringed at the sound. The Pouncenarai slumped down on the floor like a doll. He was dead. I slowly stepped over to it and brushed the purple blood off of my fan.

But then I heard the roar and hissing of thousands. I spun around to face just about the whole stadium charging toward me with weapons.

"Um, guys, a little help?!" I called.

(Cole)

That was our cue. "C'mon boys, let's roll!" I motioned for them to follow me as I took outmy scythe and charged into battle.

Brielle was in the center of it all, quickly fighting off spontaneous spiders coming at her. She seemed intent on killing every last spider here. But she couldn't do it... at least... not alone.

I swung my scythe at any Arachneion that came within 10 feet of me, making my way to Brielle. I saw her face, it looked discouraged, but also slightly happy. Maybe because she was fighting, or killing the ones who captured her dad, I couldn't be too sure. Maybe it was simply adrenaline, or the heat and gases from the pit getting to her.

"Brielle!" I gasped, finally reaching her.

Beads of sweat formed on my face. They trickled down her freckled cheeks as well.

"Hey," She panted, "Fancy seeing you here."

I chuckled. "C'mon," I told her, let's kick some hairy spider ass."

Brielle grinned. "Let's."

~