The Peaceful World

Epilogue

(Brielle)

Cole's fingers were laced in mine as we basked in the glow of the firelight. Crickets chirped, and the flames crackled as they engulfed the logs that kept it alive. I was wrapped in a big sweatshirt that I think used to be my mom's, my bare feet wiggling in the cool sand. Dusk fell over our beach campfire, creating a beautiful sunset painted with all colors.

We all sat on blankets in the sand. Cole and I one one, Nariah and Kai on another (kissing, of course), Jay and Nya occupied one, and Zane and Lloyd shared a blanket. Sensei was on his own mat a little ways from the rest of us, and my father had gone back to his apartment in the city. We laughed and talked amongst ourselves, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows in the fire. We had gone back to the beach to celebrate our victory against the Arachneions. Yes, that beach. The exact beach where Cole and I kissed for the first time. It all seemed like a million years ago, but it was really only around a month. 

According to Sensei Wu and my father, I had been down in the Temple of Spiders for about two weeks- from the time I sacrificed myself to save Nariah, until I had defeated Arachne. My dad was worried sick. As soon as I had returned to the bounty, I nearly jumped on him, in tears. 

I had been through so much, and now, I was a ninja. I went from being a simple Gymnast to being an elemental ninja who protects Ninjago. It was a miracle, yes, but it was plain destiny, fate. 

But now, the world was calm, and the night was perfect. Stars were beginning to litter the sky as it grew darker, as the sun became a crimson sliver in the horizon. The ocean was a deep blue, the waves creating a soothing melody. 

"This is so nice," Nya remarked, "Not having to fight anything for once."

"You got that right," Lloyd agreed.

"What are you talking about?" Cole laughed, "You've been sitting in the Bounty this whole time!"

"Oh yeah," Lloyd grumbled.

I chuckled.

"I do not believe that we have had such a calm day in a long time," Zane smiled.

Agreeing completely, I nodded. Yesterday was so crazy compared to today. Today, I slept and ate until we had headed to the beach.

"Honestly, I don't think Ninjago has ever been this peaceful, maybe even the world!" Jay exclaimed.

And it was true. Everything was serene, even the crickets were chirping softer. The world was at peace, and evil was put at bay.

For now...