Chapter 12 - Doppo Poet

"So... what's my exam?"

Kunikada hands her a pile of papers. "Timed."

"That's it?"

"And, we want you to bring us that tiger in the moonlight."

Mizuki sorts through the papers and files them by type and urgency. Her speed is a little overwhelming for the agency, and Kunikada gapes at the reports. "Oda, she's going to overtake you at some point."

"She's supposed to be faster than me," the young adult finishes stamping a case. "Right, Mizuki-chan?"

"Oh, shut up," She grumbles. 

"Are you acquainted? You have no criminal record."

"thanks to the government," She smiles. "Say, Kunikada-kun."

He stares at her. 

"Have you ever been arrested?"

"No." He deadpans. "and if you- where'd she go."

"Six bucks she went to find the tiger."

"Seven, for she went to break a law again!" 

"how do you all know her?!"

"She's..." Everyone stares at each other. "Kunikada-kun, do you really not remember?"

"Remember what?"

"Nearly everyone in the agency does..." Tanizaki speaks up. "Do you not remember her?"

A crack in his eye.

A tear of gold.

"CODE GOLD!" Oda calls, and the regular employees file out the door.

"You're the assassin, Oda, right?" Fukuzawa raises a brow at the man.

"Yes." He nods. "You're Mizuki's husband."

"Yeah," Fukuzawa feels a little prideful in that word. Husband. "You're Sakunosuke Oda. Both an assassin and the last husband of Mizuki's in her past life."

"Alright!" Ranpo claps his hands. "Pass the entrance exam, and we have a deal!"

"Right," Ranpo adds. "In the case you're hired, call code gold when someone has golden tears trickling out of their eyes. Got it?"

"Yes," He nods.

The regular workers file out the door, and Kunikada's nails dig into his face from the pain. "What is this?"

"Memories." Oda knocks him out, and Fukuzawa leaves his office to join them. 

"Finally?"

"After him, it's you," Ranpo opens an eye to look at the president. "Get ready. I reviewed the manuscript before she officially turned it into this world."

The group sits around Kunikada while Mizuki strolls into the Port Mafia.

"Yoo hoo!!!" She forms through Dazai's window. "Dazai-chan!!!!"

"Mi-chan!" He wraps his arms around her. "how have you been?"

"Have you figured out how to die fast?" She presses a kiss to his cheek. "t̴̖̟͈͚͑i̷̙̣͉̻̿̋̃l̸͚̼̺͗l̴̝͍̩̐̀ ̷̜̞͍̋̀̒̎́ḍ̷̛̓e̸̪͇̾̉̑â̷̢̾ț̷͗̂̋̋͜h̵̪̏̕̕ ̸̲̩̌ḋ̵̠͉͈̀̽̏͜o̴̧̨̯̯̽̈́ ̶̨̦̖̭͎̀͒͛̈́u̸̫̙̳̝͋s̷̡̛̲̭̟͈̓͝ ̵̤̯̭̠̂̋̾̈ṕ̸̤̬̯͖̈́̚͜a̵̛̜̣̹̓ŗ̸̡͙̈́͘t"

"No. But I did figure out who was a traitor and got them killed." Dazai hums. 

Mizuki unwraps her arms around him, and she takes a look at the surrounding.