Chapter 23 - Page 2 - The Sky Casino

"MIZUKI, WHERE'S THE PRESIDENT!!"

"I DON'T KNOWWW," Mizuki screeches as she backs up against the wall.

He towers over her, and Mizuki's eyes widen in fear.

"C-commander, I'm sure we can-"

"I want the president." He stares into her soul. "Now."

Mizuki shakes.

"Oh, by the way, nice ribbon."

Mizuki exhales as the commander steps back.

"There's a high chance that they're being housed by the redhead," Tecchou speaks up finally. "Before we found Tachihara, we paid a visit to the cafe where the redhead works."

"How'd we even find a redhead related to them?"

"A civilian said you got the ribbon from her." Tecchou blinks. 

Mizuki blinks. "Oh, Lucy-chan?"

"Yes." Teruko looks through the papers. "Lucy Maud Montgomery."

Mizuki closes her eyes. She didn't know if either of them was going to side with her.

"But the issue lies here," Jouno speaks up. "From what I've been told, Lucy has to carry around the area with her on something."

"Break her," Teruko's eyes form crescents, her face contorting in evil. "And then we'll have the entire-"

"I don't think it's on her," Tachihara speaks. "As much as I'd like to say they are, Lucy needs to have something on her around the size of a suitcase. I've seen her transport people."

Mizuki closes her eyes. "No. The girl's ability does not take up space in real life. She can leave the room as freely as she likes, but there's something else about her ability. She's capable of taking little to no space with her ability. She's the carrier."

"Then we kidnap her?" Tachihara raises a brow.

"I promised the coffee shop owner that I wouldn't bring harm to her," Tecchou speaks up. "She's headed to the sky casino."

Mizuki closes her eyes. "I'd like to go in civilian clothes to meet up with her. To catch her off guard."

"I'll go as well," Tachihara speaks up.

"Teruko will join." Fukuchi stares at the two.

"To make sure the dog doesn't bite the tail of its owner?"

Fukuchi smiles. "Absolutely."

Mizuki shrugs. "No choice but to comply then. I'm heading off first, and then the two can join later to avoid suspicion."

"Of course," Teruko grins at her. "Take care~!"

There's a bad omen behind Teruko's words.

Mizuki makes it to the casino without error, and she smiles at the sight of the familiar haircut.

"Mr. Manager!" Mizuki sings. "May I show you a trick?"

Sigma turns around to look at the woman. "Ah, are you new?"

"I'll be an old customer after this." Mizuki flips the coin, and a spectacle of gold erupts in front of him.

Sigma stares at the gold and then at Mizuki. A flake rests on his cheek, and he's caught in a trance.

The woman takes the chance to look around to check out any changes.

"...Mizuki."

Mizuki smiles. "Smile for me, Sigma-kun."