Chapter 5 - Flawless

Mizuki stares at the curry.

"Deja vu?"

"Kind of," Mizuki moves the spoonful of curry to her mouth. "Oh, tastes just how I imagined it."

"What were you two doing in front of my house?"

"Got shot up," Mizuki shrugs.

Oda stares at the two, picking up his phone.

"Put the phone down." Mizuki glares at him.

Oda stares at her.

"What if I don't?"

Dazai reaches for the gun on Mizuki's thigh, and finds that it's missing.

"I'll kill you," Mizuki takes another bite of the curry.

"There's only two of you, and both of you are badly injured. To injure me in that-"

Mizuki throws her spoon at Oda, missing him narrowly. The spoon makes a loud crack as it digs into the phone.

"I'll pay for reparations. Put the phone down." Mizuki stares at him.

Oda puts the broken device down, and Mizuki smiles. "Not so hard, now was it?"

"Are you the rumored Hachiman-sama?" Oda glances at the cracked phone.

Mizuki smiles. "I used to be called that. Dazai, have some. It's not poisoned, I promise."

Dazai takes a bite with his spoon. "It's just like how I remember."

"Since I can't call the police, then how do we go about your wounds?"

Mizuki stares at Dazai.

"I'll be fine."

"He's suicidal anyways," Mizuki sighs. "I'll treat them. You did a pretty decent job patching me up."

"You have a bullet wound."

"Not anymore," Mizuki lifts her shirt up and pulls on the bandages, unwrapping them. Oda stares at where the wound is supposed to be, but it's gone.

"That's impossible. You had a bullet wedged into your side."

Mizuki shrugs. "Ability users are weird. Do you have a first aid kit?"

Oda stands up to grab it, and she trails behind him.

"Why are you following me?"

"You might call the police on us," Mizuki mentions nonchalantly. "I heard you're an assassin."

"You did?" Oda continues walking, not entertaining her questions anymore.

"The information files sure are incredible..." Mizuki sings. Oda hands her the first aid kit, and she spins around. "Let's go!"

"Go?"

"From what I know, it's likely that you haven't had coffee yet," Mizuki heads along ahead of him.

"You know a surprising amount of information on me."

"Thanks, it's called a detective's instinct."

"Detective?"

"Tan-chan!!!" Dazai whines.

Oda stops at the name.

Port Mafia's lips.

"Tantilization." he trails.

"Oh? You noticed?" Mizuki's smile is anything but sweet now. "I wanted to stay longer..."

Oda stares at her, unsure what to do.

"Stop scaring him and treat me!" Dazai whines. Mizuki takes off the boy's shirt, and unwraps his bandages.