Chapter 25 - Page 4 - Hero, Gang, War

Shling.

Mizuki appears out of nowhere, and she sighs. "Almost died, again, Tachihara. Are you a nutjob?"

"Sorry," He chuckles, his blade already out. "But I figured I'd test out the blessing I have."

"How bold of you," Mizuki sighs.

"Two of you? How amusing?" Fukuchi laughs. A blade appears out of nowhere, and Mizuki spins Tachihara out of the way again. "I never thought you'd betray us for the ADA."

"Cute, isn't it?" Mizuki hums. 

"You know," Tachihara hums. "Do you think we could we defeat him?"

"Nope," Mizuki hums. "Go back; I'm going to talk with the commander."

"He's going to kill you."

"He can't," Mizuki's blade meets Fukuchi's as Tachihara makes a run for it.

"So," Mizuki grins. "Old man."

"How'd you do it? How'd you break free?"

"You wanna know?" Mizuki hops back as another blade meets her. "Apparently, the book doesn't work on the owner."

Fukuchi falters for a moment, and Mizuki takes the chance to stab his stomach.

"This won't do anything, but it was worth a shot." Mizuki pulls her blade out, and Fukuchi coughs out blood.

"I can't heal myself," Fukuchi's eyes widen at the wound on his abdomen. "What kind of a blade is that?"

"Since you love Amenogozen so much," Mizuki hums. "Meet my trusty blade. Anunitu."

"So you're the one we need to kill off." Fukuchi chuckles. "Ishtar?"

"I prefer Greed." Mizuki hums, her blade meeting Fukuchi's again. Fukuchi hisses at the wound on his abdomen. "As a member of the hunting dogs, I know better than anyone where your organs have been rearranged."

"How long have you been planning this?" Fukuchi gets knocked back before charging at her again.

"I'll tell you when you're dead," Mizuki smiles. "Old man."

"M̶̼͕̽́͛͘͝a̶͓̜̙͕͐͂m̷̫̜͖̼̍̿͘m̸̧̛̤̖̞̐ǫ̴̢̤̹̂̑͊̊̕n̷̳̄."

"Let's see if Amenogozen can destroy Mammon," Mizuki spins, her blade meeting with Fukuchi's again.

"You got stronger."

"It's a given." Mizuki smiles. "After all, a wife has to match her husband in skill."

"You're married?"

"You didn't realize I had a ring on my finger?" Mizuki raises a brow as she jumps back from the attack.

"I did; I just never figured out to who. The hunting dogs have no files in the government, after all." Fukuchi's blade pokes at Mizuki's waist. 

"Wrong," Mizuki hums. "You just don't pay attention to your best friend."

Fukuchi actually falters this time, and Mizuki stabs his thigh.

"FUKUZAWA THAT BASTARD LIED TO ME??"

"Bingo!" Mizuki grins. "Does he not wear his ring when he sees you?"

"I HAVEN'T DRUNK WITH HIM IN YEARS!" Fukuchi pushes Mizuki back.

"I've been married to him for over ten years by now," Mizuki sighs mockingly. "You really are an awful best friend! He was wearing his ring when you drank with him at the agency's opening!"