Chapter 24 - Page 3 - Fruitless harvest

"How... are they still missing," Teruko whines, tears falling out of her eyes onto the table.

"Damn," Mizuki hums, lifting her teacup to her mouth. "Do you think... they're hiding on someone else?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *. introducing .* :☆゚. ───

─── ・ 。゚☆: *. Hunting Dogs Mizuki .* :☆゚. ───

"Who else would it even be?" 

Mizuki shrugs.

"If the ADA had in someone with the same ability, then it would be another story," Fukuchi hums. "How has the search been?"

"Same old," Jouno grumbles. "We can't find them. Hell, I can't even find their heartbeats."

"Did you find Lucy?" The commander looks at the group.

"THAT'S THE THING!!" Teruko whines. "WE DIDN'T FIND HER, AND WE GOT A MURDER PINNED ON US!!"

"The sky casino got blown up just now," Mizuki stares at her laptop. "How fitting. It's like they're trying to cover something up."

"That old woman," Tachihara speaks up. "She seemed familiar."

"Oh?" Fukuchi raises a brow. "Do tell."

"She kind of..." Tachihara glances at Mizuki, and the woman raises a brow.

"Hm?"

"She seemed familiar." He repeats. "I don't like how familiar she felt."

Jouno taps the table.

Mizuki taps back.

"Stop communicating in morse code."

"Did you find anything else?" Fukuchi raises a brow.

"No." Tachihara shakes his head. "Though there was information on the Decay of Angels in this USB, according to the ADA."

"I'll check it," Fukuchi hums. 

Tachihara hands it to the man.

"Where was the ADA?"

"It resembled Anne's Room, but from what we know, it wasn't similar at all."

Mizuki glances at Fukuchi. "So? What do we do?"

"Do any of us want to be punished?"

"Oh, hell no," Mizuki whines. "Ughhh!"

"Nope."

"I forgot what it was."

"I bet it's surgery, but they don't give us anesthetics or something."

"I think they're just going to rearrange our organs or something."