Chapter One. Chicago

"Adrian!" I yelled for the hundredth time

We were supposed to go to the office for the Christmas party and Adrian was delaying, which is very unusual. As if on cue my phone started ringing and Brittany was calling.

"Hey," my voice was higher than normal.

"Are you guys still coming?"

Ever since we met that night at William's birthday, we've gotten really close, we talk on the phone a lot so I've gotten really accustomed to her, and we're like best friends now.

"On our way," I looked at the stairs, still waiting for Adrian to show up.

"Alright," she hung up.

"Sorry," Adrian said as he ran down the stairs.

For a second I wanted to forget that he was making us go late when I saw him looking dashingly handsome in just jeans and a button up shirt but I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

I folded my arms and gave him the meanest glare I could muster. "What took you so long? It's not like you're a girl that needs to do make-"

The words got stuck in my throat when Adrian kissed me, successfully silencing me. I kissed him back.

"You look beautiful," he said when he pulled away, his arm wrapped around my waist.

I felt my cheeks heat up, "and you look... handsome." I let my hair cover my face.

He did look really dashing right now. His brown locks styled perfectly well with of course some strands falling over his face. His brown eyes were shining better than I've ever seen before. His white button up shirt and blue jeans hugging his frame well.

He planted a small kiss on my lips again before pushing us towards the door, "thanks babe."

I know you're confused, well let me clear the air. Adrian and I are officially dating, we've been dating for over two years now and it is still hard for me to believe it too.

For you to understand better, I guess I'll take you back to the beginning.

TWO YEARS AGO...

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said while pulling away from Riya's hug, aka Victoria.

Being her first time living in Nigeria, she needed a little help navigating her way around and I was there to help her, from that day on we became best friends. Me, her and Adrian.

"See ya," she closed the door behind her.

"Come on, I'll drop you," Adrian said already walking to his car. I followed him.

Silence fell between us so I reached out to take his hand that was on his lap. I intertwined our fingers.

"What are you doing?" He pulled his hand away, leaving mine cold and empty on his lap.