Chapter Twenty Three. Chicago

A/N: Sexual content ahead. Stop reading after you see * if you don't like such.

Brayleigh throws up on me and I gasp, looking up at her mother and father. They both start laughing at me so I stand up from my seat on the couch and hand her over to her mother. I shake my head at the couple and make my way to the kitchen to wash up, ignoring my friends laughing at me.

When I get back to the living room I can only find Adrian and Andrew meaning Riya had gone into Brayleigh's room downstairs to clean up. I take my former seat beside Adrian and snuggle closer to him.

We have been here all morning, planning together and we are just taking a break by watching a movie. Luckily they were able to put Brayhleigh to sleep for more than half of the hours we've been here.

"Funke, Riya mentions you're planning on hosting a birthday party?" Andrew asks and I adjust myself in Adrian's arms to get more comfortable.

"Yeah. Not a huge party though, just something small, with a few people."

"A few people, that's if you know so many people to start with." Drew says with a chuckle and I glare at him.

"He's right though," Adrian says, running his hand up and down my arm.

I can't help but see the truth in what they are saying so I find myself laughing too. "But it's way better than when we first got here." I say in my defense and both men nod in agreement.

"Who do you think Jules is to your mum though? And why do you think your mum is hiding him from you?" Drew asks after our laughter has died down.

Victoria then walks out of the room she was in and I wait till she's sitted beside Andrew again before speaking. "I have no idea," I shake my head at myself. "She could have lied because she didn't want me knowing so much about her past life or whatever it was that she was doing with him."

"Either way, you still don't deserve to be lied to, and in that manner at that. I support you though, your mum needs to stop lying to you and if this is what it will take to get the truth from her then do it." Andrew says and Victoria sharply turns to him, obviously shocked from his words.

"I support her too but I feel this is taking things too far." She sits up straighter now, adjusting her shirt. "Instead of having a party like she plans to, you could invite him over for dinner, save both of them embarrassment in front of guests."

"The whole point of this is to embarrass her to say the truth." I bite back.

"And what if the truth ends up hurting you and embarrasses you even more than it would them?" She counters and I pause, thinking over her words.

She does have a point. I sigh, "Then I wouldn't question her in front of people. My mum can be unpredictable at times but she wouldn't miss my birthday. I could invite him for dinner and mum decides she has to fly in to Paris that night. This party is the only way I'm sure she'd stay put."

Victoria sighs too and leans into Andrew's touch. "However you want to do it Funke but be prepared for anything."

I nod. "I will."

"Who's hungry?" Adrian asks and we all agree to order in food.

"How was your day?" Mum asks as Adrian and I walk back into the house.

I take off my shoes and my jacket. "It was nice." I notice that both she and Adrian's mum are dressed up and wearing makeup. "Are you guys headed somewhere?"

Mum grins. "Yeah we are, dinner's in the fridge." They both begin to make their way towards us and we say our goodbye's before Adrian and I walk into the kitchen.