Chapter Two. Lagos

Like in the books and movies, when someone wakes up in the hospital the first thing they see is white, white walls, curtains, everything

Like in the books and movies, when someone wakes up in the hospital the first thing they see is white, white walls, curtains, everything. Well my case was slightly different, I woke up to white walls but I wouldn't really call them white, they definitely spelled out 'old' and I knew instantly where I was, the school health center.

How did I get here is the question.

I looked at the door and Andrew, Victoria and Adrian walked in, I relaxed a little knowing I could get answers.

"Hey," Riya said and I smiled.

"Why is there blood on your neck, hand and clothes?" That was definitely something I couldn't miss.

She looked at Adrian and they shared a knowing look, Adrian nodded and she looked back at me. "I got to you first."

I remembered instantly. The quarrel with Adrian and me slicing my own wrist. "I'm sorry, you shouldn't have known that way."

I really felt sorry and I could imagine how she must have felt when she saw me lying on the bathroom floor, unconscious and blood spilling from my wrist.

She sat on the bed, "I don't care about that Funke, as long as you're fine now and not hanging on the thin thread between life and death. Please Funke, don't do this to me again," she held my hands.

I couldn't help the tears that fell and she wiped them away before she pulled me in for a hug.

"I won't," I hugged her back.

"Promise me," she sobbed.

"I promise."

We were not just two girls crying into each other's arms and we weren't shedding just tears, It was a promise.

We pulled away, "you need food, let me go get it for you." She stood up but Andrew stopped her.

"Jo and Maya are already on their way don't worry about that," he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks bro," Adrian said and Andrew nodded.

I will tell you everything once I feel stronger," I gave Riya's hand a firm squeeze.

"You don't have to rush to tell me Funke, take your time," she shook her head.

"No I want to tell you, I can't imagine how you must have felt when you saw me lying on that bathroom floor passed out and almost gone. I owe you an explanation I've dragged this for too long," I looked at Andrew. "I owe all of you an explanation, you're my friends."

I was tired of keeping it all in, especially from Riya. It's not fair that I get to know her and what scares her and she doesn't know mine.

"Alright if that's what you want," Riya nodded.

After that Andrew and Riya gave Adrian and I privacy seeing as we really needed to talk. I wasn't ready to talk to him though.

"Funke," Adrian called after a few seconds of silence.

I sat up straighter and looked at him waiting for him to speak.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault you ended up like this, again." His voice was barely audible.

I didn't even know what to say. It wasn't exactly his fault since I had to do with it mostly. Once again Adrian had proven that he knows better.

"I shouldn't have said what I said, that was way over the line. I'll always be here for you, no matter what." He took my hand in his, "and you're right, if you don't face your fears, there's no way you can get over them. That's why I promise to take things at a steady pace if that's what you want and if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll always be here."

I crashed my lips on his taking myself and him by surprise. "I'm sorry too," our foreheads met and I stared into his eyes.

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful your eyes are?" He was looking at me like I was some lost treasure that he just found.

I smiled and bit my lip. He groaned and pulled my bottom lip from the grasp of my teeth.

"Stop biting your lip, at least not here." He spoke with hooded eyes.

I giggled and bit my bottom lip again and this time around he kissed me,

"I love you," he said when we pulled away.

"I love you too," I smiled.

I was about to kiss him again when the sound of someone clearing their throat stopped us. I looked at the door and Andrew was standing there, arms crossed.

"Get a room guys," he rolled his eyes. "Anyways, the guys are here so you might wanna..." he trailed off.

I nodded and sat back on the bed.