Chapter Fifteen. Lagos

Drinking had never been my strong suit; I was a light weight but I never let it deter me from my goal. I was going to drink till I had nothing to think about anymore.

Shot after shot and Adrian's angry voice kept ringing in my head. We had an argument about the only thing that ever really caused us to fight; why we weren't dating.

We were in our third year of the university, in fact fourth year as far as I was concerned because we were about to start writing exams after which we'd move to fourth year.

We were both in my room, our bodies almost pressed together as we made ourselves comfortable on the couch with our gazes fixed on the TV. It wasn't the movie that we were watching that was messing up my mind -it was an action movie- I needed Adrian and I knew he needed me too. I could feel his body calling to me and I wanted to press myself to him and claim his lips. I knew he felt the same way because I noticed how his body inched closer to me ever so slightly and how his hand twitched at his side, itching to place it on my thigh sitting right next to it.

I had made the first move, leaning into him and pressing my lips to his. I knew that if I didn't do that as fast as I did, Adrian would stop me before I got the chance.

He had kissed me back, maybe from the shock or from joy of finally getting to kiss me after so long but the rational side of him came back faster than it was gone from him.

He pushed me away from him and stood up from the couch, putting so much distance between us. "Funke," his body said one thing but his voice said another. He was craving to kiss me and hold me once again but he didn't, he didn't carry out that action he so desperately wanted to do.

"Adrian," I maintained eye contact with him. "Please." Even a daft person would know what I was begging him for. I hated begging people but with him, I would grovel just to get what I wanted from him.

"Funke," he ran a hand through his hair, something he always did when he was frustrated.

"Adrian," I repeated standing up and making my way over to him. The closer I got to him, the more he kept walking backward but he didn't know I had him where I wanted him. In seconds he had himself tumbling on the bed when the back of his leg had hit the edge.

I climbed on his lap, successful straddling him and keeping him in place. "Adrian please stop holding back." I placed my hand over his neck and pulled him closer to him, now happy that I had the upper hand. "Please baby I need you."
My head dropped to his shoulder and inched closer to the crook of his neck.

I heard him moan from under me, his lips unable to form words like he had wished them to. He gripped my hips not with tenderness but with so much fierceness. Like he was ready to get me off of him with all of his strength and at the same time wanted to keep me in place.

I began to move my hips against him. "Please," moaned into his ear and the effect that simple action had on him had me smirking. He gripped me tighter and a groan left his lips. "Adrian." I began to pepper kisses on his neck.

He sharply sucked in a breath and unconsciously pulled me closer to him. I took that as a sign to continue moving my hips back and forth.

"Funke," he breathed with so much need in his voice, he needed more. I chose a spot on his neck and began sucking on the skin there. "Fuck." He placed his hand on the back of my head and pulled my head from his neck. I was expecting him to push me away but he shocked me by pressing his lips to mine, claiming me.

I was completely taken aback by his actions causing me to loose control of the whole situation. Adrian kissed me like I was the only thing on Earth keeping him alive, like I was the oxygen he breathed and if he stopped kissing me, he'd die.

I sank my fingers into his hair and pulled lightly, satisfied when I heard a groan that my mouth undoubtedly swallowed. He pulled me even closer to him, causing the hem of my shirt to ride higher and expose my skin.

Adrian proved he had the upper hand by flipping us over so he was now on top of me. Once again he shocked me by pulling himself away from him, using that one moment that I loosened my grip on him to detach himself. He was breathing hard as he stared at me now a few feet away while I was on the bed with my back pressed to the soft sheets. His chest kept moving up and down, his hair was messy, sticking up all over the place and his shirt was out of place.

"Don't do that again Funke." He warned.

I sat up, "but you seemed to enjoy it Adrian."

"Just don't do that again," he repeated and walked towards the couch, reaching for his phone.

"Why do you keep doing this to yourself Adrian, to us and don't give me that your silly excuse." I straightened my shirt and ran my hand through my hair.

"Stop talking about it Funke, life isn't a bed of roses and you of all people know it, you don't always get what you want." With that he stormed out of my house leaving me out of breath and still in a daze about what just happened. His words had struck me like lightening, hitting me right where it hurt.

I laid restlessly on my bed for a few more hours, turning, tossing and thinking and when I couldn't take it anymore I got up and made my way to the bar.

I had lost count of how much I had drank before I heard Victoria call me. She hugged me from behind and ran her hand through my hair. "Come on, let's get you home."

"He told you to come get me didn't he?" I scoffed, reaching for another shot glass.

Victoria pushed the glass far away from my reach. She took out money from her purse and dropped it on the bar top. "That should do it." She lifted me up and I didn't have the strength to argue with her.

When inside her car I finally spoke up. "I don't want to go back to my place."

"Alright," she started the car. "How about we go to my place and you tell me about all that happened?"

I nodded, too tired to speak. From the corner of my eye I saw her nod and she began driving. I didn't remember much of that night but I knew that when we got to Victoria's place I spoke till my jaw began to hurt and cried until I had no tears left. I didn't tell her exactly what had happened but I kept complaining and throwing shades at Adrian. She soothingly rubbed my back and kept reassuring me that all was going to be well.

***

Hey guys! How are you all doing?

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please vote, leave a comment, share and follow me if you'd like. They always keep me motivated to keep writing.