Chapter Nineteen. Chicago

A/N: Unedited

I was sad at first but after he had explained what was going on in the office and why we needed to leave tomorrow, I agreed with him. It's no wonder that I got a mail this morning that I couldn't ignore despite me telling my assistant that I didn't want anything work related reaching me until we were back in Chicago. According to Adrian it is a business deal and it has somehow shaken all of Exsela.

We had our bags packed already and we were set to leave at noon tomorrow. We ordered in dinner and after we were done eating we both decided to enjoy the remaining hours we had to be in the suite. After dinner we watched a movie, both of us cuddled on the couch. I slept off in his arms but when I woke up the next day, we were both on the couch, I was happy that he was beside me when I woke up.

Adrian finalized a few things after we had woken up and by noon we were in the car and heading back home.

He reaches for my hand on my lap and he gently squeezes it. "I'm really sorry that our time together was cut short."

I place my other hand over his, offering him a small smile. "It's fine babe, it's something you can't control."

"I really wish I could." He says with a heavy sigh.

The ride back home is spent in silence save for the soft music playing on the radio. We couldn't even get home first because we had to rush to work.

When I'm in my office I finally call Victoria. Her brows furrow in confusion when she notices where I am. "Are you guys back?"

"Yeah." I groan. "There's this deal and his father needs him to help finalize it, in general, no one over here is settled."

"Damn and I thought I had it tough." She laughs lightly.

"How is Brayleigh now? Hope she's better?" I look up when my door opens and my assistant, Ingrid walks in. I raise my finger to her so she'd give me a few seconds to round up with Victoria.

"She's doing better now,' she heaves a breath of relief. "We thank God. You may have stuff to do so let me leave you to it. We'll see tomorrow, I know you will need to rest when you're done in the office today."

I nod in agreement. "We'll talk later."

"Bye!" she hangs up.

"Yes?" I give Ingrid my full attention now.

"Something new came up." She purses her lips.

Everyone knows that our vacation was cut short and we aren't too happy about it so it's normal for her to thread slowly.

"Tell me about it." I offer her the seat in front of my desk and she sits, dropping the stack of papers she was holding on the desk.

This is going to be a long day.

My body is in pain as Adrian and I walk into our house

My body is in pain as Adrian and I walk into our house. I'm holding my shoes in one hand while the other holds my suitcase. Adrian takes his suitcase out of the trunk before shutting it and locking the car.