Chapter Twelve. Chicago

I woke up with an idea growing in my head and it was the best one yet. It will take some time but it's perfect because it gives my mother the time to come forward and tell me about Jules herself before I expose her. A month is enough grace.

I knew it would stir up some trouble but I was desperate for answers and though I could do without stirring trouble, but where's the fun in that? Maybe I was stepping the line and maybe I wasn't but what I knew was that I was angry and the worst thing to do is get me angry. Just when I thought my mum and I were making progress then she goes ahead to prove me wrong.

Adrian and I are heading out for the trip he planned today. Tomorrow January nine is his birthday and if this is what he wants, I'll give it to him. He has never been the one to celebrate his birthday so I wasn't really surprised when he said he wanted to get away tomorrow. He is the worst person to plan a surprise party for because he might get up that morning and decide to go somewhere and not inform a single soul. I'm quite happy he's involving me with plans of his birthday unlike before.

"Adrian, I'm ready." I announced as I stepped out of our room.

"I'm outside!" He called and I followed his voice.

He was throwing his travel bag into the back seat of the car when I stepped out of the house. He stretched his hand forward for my bag and I gave it to him. "Took you long enough." He closed the car door after placing my bag into the car.

I rolled my eyes and opened the passenger's door. "I've spoken to my mum already and it looks like she won't be sleeping here tonight" I got into the car.

Adrian made sure the front door was locked before getting into the driver's seat. "What makes you say that?"

"She's out with her friends and you know what that means." I strapped on my seat belt, ready for the drive.

He nodded. "I understand."

"Where exactly is this resort?" No matter how hard I pressured him, he only told me that we were going to stay at a resort not too far from where we were.

I did my research and I found a few resorts not too far from here but without enough information, I still had no idea which resort it was that we were going to. I was pained because I hate being left in the dark.

"You'll see." He reached for my hand as he drove.

The drive was about two hours long and we listened to music and discussed about a few things on our way there. By the time we got to the resort I was already half asleep both from exhaustion and not sleeping well at night.

"Babe we're here." Adrian shook me awake.

"Really?" I began to take off my seat belt. "God I'm so tired."

"Let's go in so you can rest." He got down from the car and I followed suit.

The concierge took our bags and all I did was follow Adrian with my hand in his. The resort was beautiful, that I could tell but because of the snow that covered half of the building, I couldn't see much. It only stopped snowing last night but it looked like it didn't stop over here until this morning.

When we got to the reception I let Adrian do all the talking since he was the one who made all the reservations and I was simply just here on his request. I admired the hotel even as one of the staffs led us to our room. The elevator had a see through glass so as we moved to our floor, we had a very good view of the resort. The higher we went the more I was blown away by the beauty of the place.

"You like?" Adrian asked me when we stepped out of the elevator.

"I love it," I said and smiled at him. "Since when have you been planning this trip?" I asked him.