Chapter Thirteen. Chicago

I undoubtedly love this resort. It's just perfect and an amazing place for us to get away. The sky was already covered in a blanket of darkness and we were getting dressed to head downstairs to have a few drinks and just relax.

I'm wearing a red -patterned with small white flowers- spaghetti strapped dress that has a little hand cut out on my arms. The top hugs my chest with a V-neck leaving a little cleavage in view, while the rest flows down to my ankle. It also has a high slit on the left side of the dress that runs up to my mid-thigh. My hair is up in a bun and I let some strands fall loosely by the side of my face. I go simple with the make-up, making it as mild as possible.

"Babe are you ready?" I hear Adrian call and when I turn around he's by the door of the bedroom, a smirk on his face as he rests on the frame of the door.

"I am now." I stand up from the chair and pick up my purse from the bed. By the time I'm standing in front of Adrian, he's standing upright and he hastily wraps an arm around my waist. Even with my heels he still towers over me so my head is tilted up to look at him.

"Is that a new dress?" He asks.

I place my hand on his chest. He left the top three buttons of his shirt undone allowing for his muscled chest to be exposed. I run my manicured hands from his shoulder down to the middle of his chest. "Yeah, you like it?"

"I love it." he licks his lips. "Though I believe it will look better on the floor."

I feel the blood rush to my cheeks and I look away from him. I've heard that line in movies but hearing him say them to me makes my legs feel like a bag of bones, ready to give way and crumple to the floor at any given moment. "Shall we?" I say hoping he'd change the topic.

He chuckles and my insides melt. "Yes, we shall." He leans in and places a short kiss on my lips.

We both walk out of the room and when we get to the elevator we have to wait for it to get to our floor. While waiting, a white man probably around mine and Adrian's age walk towards us and stands close by, obviously also waiting for the elevator. I wasn't expecting Adrian's hand to drape over my waist and for him to pull me closer to him. I look at him and he has his lips stretched to a thin line. I look at the man beside us and I find him staring at me, he looks away in a rush.

I shake my head, men.

The elevator doors finally open and Adrian and I step in first. The elevator is empty and I smile, happy to not have to choke on different smells and perfumes of people tonight. The man from the hallway steps in too and I feel Adrian go stiff beside him.

To calm him down I move closer to him and hold his hand. This seems to do the trick because I can feel the tension slowly lifting off of him.

All the way to the open bar, Adrian's hand is in mine and I only let go when we get there. I take a seat by the bar and turn to Adrian who is still standing. "What's got your panties in a twist?" I chuckle and call for the bartender.

He sighs and adjusts his wristwatch sitting on his wrist, making the face look upward before dropping his hands on the bar top. "I don't like the way that guy was looking at you."

I shake my head. "Adrian guys are always looking at me."

He finally seats on the stool beside me and turns to face me. "I know but tonight was on another level.

I place my hand on his and squeeze gently. "It only gets tougher babe." I turn to the bartender who is now in front of us. "Sex on the beach please," I say to him and he nods then turns to Adrian.

Adrian speaks without looking at him. "Scotch on the rocks."

The bartender walks away and I'm laughing at Adrian. "Your jealousy is cute."