The Reunion

Angel will call you her 'maddy'. It is a gender neutral parent name.

The Entity's realm, now

"Ahh..." I groaned out softly in my slumber.

My body was as stiff as a board, lying on the hard ground. I was on my back with my head on its side, gravel under me. I moved my body piece by piece in an attempt to loosen up my sturdy position. I then slowly sat up, my head spinning wildly.

"Ugh."

I hung my head tiredly, eyes trained on my lap. I looked at my hands with fingers entangled in powdery dirt.

"Caw, caw, caw!" A screech from above sounded.

I gasped, and threw my head up to the night sky. Three beautiful black crows flew past and disappeared behind some trees. My eyes followed them until they were no more, and I was only staring at the distance. It was only then that I noticed the cabin up ahead, the windows glowing with a warm orange. My eyes widened and a shaky smile met my features. Home.

I was finally back.

I carefully rose to my feet and took some cautious steps forward. My legs wobbled and knees buckled but I kept my pace steady nonetheless. When I knew that I wasn't going to fall, I began to speed walk. The speed walk turned into a jog, then a run.

"Danny... Angel..." I said through huffs as I took off into a full sprint.

"Danny... Angel... I'm back." I croaked to myself.

My shoes slapped against the forest floor as I ran as fast as I could towards my old home. My home of eighteen years that I shared with my husband and daughter. I huffed out soft puffs of air as the cabin got closer and closer yet still out of reach. When I finally reached it, I sped up the steps while they whined in protest. Tears welled up in my eyes as I smiled like an idiot. I threw my shoulders back and puffed my chest, preparing for my big entrance back into my family's lives.

"I'm ho—!" I moved my arms to shove the door open but instead my hands slammed painfully into the hard wood.

"Ouch! The hell...?" The door was locked.

"Dammit..." I mumbled. "Yo! Open the door." I banged on the door, my demeanour changing back to how it was before this all.

I heard loud yet muffled voices from the inside of the cabin. A deep male's and a teenage girl's. Hurried footsteps scurried over to the front door that I stood before. The door unlocked with a tiny click and began to creak open. I was met with dark brown eyes peeking through the crack, curtained by long black hair.

"Angel? It's me, maddy." My voice trembled with a smile.

"Maddy...?" The girl asked.

"Yes, it's me, baby." Tears were falling down my face now.

The door ripped open and slammed against the side of the cabin.

"Oh! Angel, careful—!" I tried to scowl her motherly but was instead engulfed in her embrace.

"Maddy! Maddy, you're back! You're back! You're back!" Angel sobbed loudly into my shoulder.

"Angel, my baby. Shh, shh. It's okay." I cooed, rubbing her back.

My hand soon traveled up to tangle in her long hair, petting it gently.

"Shh, my love. Shh..." I whispered.

Angel's breathing soon slowed down as she relaxed, resting her head on my shoulder lovingly. My arm came back around her back, gripping on tight.

"It's okay, my baby. I'm here now." I said.

Angel sniffled before lifting her head up to meet my eyes.

"Daddy's inside." She whispered.

I gave her a curt nod and sucked in a breath. I didn't know why I was so nervous. I had known her father for over eighteen years. But now I remembered it all again, fully. Not just in little bits that the Entity floated around while I was back in the real world. Danny had won the dumb little game, and now I was back here forever. I took Angel's hand in my own and lead her inside. I looked around the cabin longingly. Danny's little corner of the realm; my one true home.

"Danny?" I called when I couldn't spot him.

Danny entered, in his full Ghost Face getup. I assumed he had just gotten back from a trial or few.

"I'm back." I smiled tearfully.

Angel squeezed my hand before breaking away and taking a step back. I watched in awe as Danny ripped his ghostly mask off his face, the leather hood falling off with it. Everything seemed to move in slow motion. The look on Danny's pale sunken face... the happy glow in his dead eyes, only there for Angel and I. I didn't waste anytime, and ran into the man's arms. The Ghost Face almost roared my name with a wide smile. His arms found themselves wrapped tight around my waist like how they always were.

"Danny, you did it! You did it!" I cried, my own arms hugging his neck.

"I did! I did do it! I won you back! You're all mine again." He exclaimed.

We then laughed for a while. We both stood there in the middle of the living room, entangled in each other. But it wasn't long until we looked back at Angel that stood by the front door.

"Get in here, baby." I said to her.

Angel came running over to her parents, throwing her arms around us in a group hug. In our tearful reunion, we then became a family again. The Johnson Family, like how it was always meant to be. We lasted and stuck together through so much, the Entity just couldn't win. It thought it did, it still thought that somehow it was still going to win. But that didn't matter, I was back here with the two people I loved the most in this cruel world. They did so much to get me back here and I would be forever grateful.

"My heroes." I cooed.