Need Some Help

I was the first one up the next morning and decided to make breakfast for everyone. Well, I did until I realized I couldn't reach the top shelf on the fridge.

"Need some help?" A new voice appeared and startled me, making me fall back into my chair that I was using to hold myself up with. "Shit, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

Barton.

"I do not need your help, "I snapped at him.

He held up his hands in a surrendering way and backed up.

I sighed and put my head in my hands. Giving up on breakfast, I go to see if Bruce is awake yet and checked his lab.

"Morning, Bruce," I smiled at him.

"Good morning, Y/N. What can I help you with?"

"Uh- I wanted to see if there's anything else we can do for my legs....." I said trailing off, looking down at my hands.

He stopped what he was doing completely and looked at me. "Of course. Of course, I'll see what I can find and I'll call you down later today to get started," he said, sounding more pitiful than ever.

"Thank you," and with that, I went to the roof for some sunshine and fresh air.

"Can't seem to escape me, can you?" Barton called from the next highest point on the building.

I sighed loudly, "I guess not." Then I turned around to go back to the living room.

"Why the long face?" Bucky questioned.

"I just want to be able to train and run again. I miss being a part of the team."

He sat on the couch next to my chair and put his arm around my shoulders, "Don't question Bruce, he'll have you fixed in no time. Until then, think of it as a vacation. Go do things you want to do, but usually can't due to missions."

I smiled at him, "Thanks, Buck. Good talk."

He nodded towards me and I rested my head on his shoulder while we picked a movie to watch.