New Identity

Once the next morning had come, Bucky never came into our room. He must have fallen asleep on the couch, which made what I was going to do next that much easier: walk away from it all. 

I packed what I needed; clothes, wallet, phone, toiletries and left my wheelchair behind as I walked straight out the front door. I had left a note for Bucky on the coffee table in plain sight.  

Once I had made it to the street, I got an uber to the closest airport and set off to Ireland for a fresh start on my life.  

The next few weeks made my life busy; I changed my phone number and changed my name so neither SHIELD nor Zemo or whoever else came after me could find me. I dyed my hair, now a long hair blonde beauty who is unidentifiable. I had gotten a job bartending at night and going to school to be a college professor during the day.  

Most of my days, weeks, have been spent grinding out school work in my flat and mixing drinks until dawn. I was left alone; nobody ever came after me or bothered me and it was very enjoyable. Since getting rid of the wheelchair, I was forced to walk everywhere, which strengthened my legs once again and no longer needed extra assistance. I also began practicing my magic once again and built up my powers to be enough in case of an emergency. I didn’t need anyone but myself.