Pity Party of One

Days had gone by and I still hadn't gotten any better. I was starting to lose all hope of being completely independent ever again.

Nat came into my room as she does in the mornings to help me into my wheelchair Tony had bought for me. He offered to buy or make me some prosthetic legs to help me move around, but I didn't want the time or money wasted in case I am able to recover.

"Good morning, sunshine," Nat smiled.

I groaned, another sleepless night for me. "Morning, early bird."

"Y/N, it's 10:30 in the morning, it is not that early," she scolded gently.

I sighed, but let her help me into my chair and I followed her to the elevator to take us to the living room/lounge.

Once there, I just pulled up next to the couch to watch tv with everyone while I woke up. Sam sat to my left and Clint sat in the chair directly in front of me.

"How ya doing today?" Sam asked, genuinely concerned.

I shrugged, "the same as yesterday and the day before."

He gave me a pitiful look and continued to watch TV.

Tony popped into the room shortly after. "Guys, I'm throwing a party tonight for New Years, get dressed in your best and be there at 9," and left as quickly as he came in.

I heard Bucky tell Steve, "Why does he insist on telling us again? He told us yesterday and last week and last month."

Steve chuckled, but didn't respond. I headed toward the elevator, not wanting to be part of the party conversation since I would definitely not be going to the party. The only party I have is for one at Casa de Y/N, a pity party of one.

Nobody bothered to come after me or try to convince me to go. I just waited the party out in the living room by myself, which is not a bad thing because that meant I got the big TV for me and me only.

I was about halfway through the first season of 'The Librarians' when I heard footsteps behind me, and since I was on the couch, it took me a second to turn around and see who it was.

"Alone with a Tony Stark party upstairs?" Clint said, underdressed for a party himself.

I shrugged and turned back to watching TV, ignoring him. I didn't need this right now.

"Hey, nothing wrong with it, I'm not going either," he said, trying to cheer me up, but it was clearly not working.

I sighed and turned the TV off, got back in my chair and headed towards the elevator to go to my room.

"Hey, wait-"

"Clint, don't. I don't need your smart-ass mouth right now," I said, waiting for the elevator to arrive.

He stayed silent and left the room as I made my way to my bedroom to hopefully sleep off the night.