Target

The woman pulled herself up off the ground after yanking the arrow from her skin.

"Clint Barton," She said in a thick Russian accent.

"What are you doing here? And why did you stab Y/N?!"

She hesitated before speaking, and looked at me with a scowl. "Y/N here, she's the new target for the Red Room. Her previous marriage to Baron Zemo has put multiple targets on her head."

"I have several questions, and some will have to wait until later, but first, what do you mean? Are you working for the Red Room again?" Clint asked, glancing towards me.

"Yes, since Dreykov was killed, we turned the Red Room into an agency like SHIELD. Me and my widows are on a mission to turn her in," she looked towards me.

I felt my heart begin to race, what did she mean Zemo put multiple targets on my head? It's been years since we'd been divorced.

"Okay. Are you going to take her?" Clint questioned and motioned towards me. "It's not like she's a quick target."

"Now that I know she's with the Avengers, I am going to call off my widows and keep the Red Room off her trail. I was told she was undercover for Hydra. Watch your back, Barton. I do not want to have to kill you too. My sister will not be happy if I do."

Clint offered a small smile and nodded as she turned to leave.

"We need to talk," he said to me, motioning us back to the elevator.

I sighed and nodded as we went back to the conference room again.

-

"You mean to tell me you were married to Zemo? The guy that damn near got Barnes killed? The reason for our Civil War?!" Clint hit his hands on the table and released a deep breath.

I took a deep breath as well and tried to calm my nerves. "Yes, we were married, but I had no idea he was going to do that. I was married to him prior to that!" I defended myself.

"So what do you know that could put that kind of target on your head?

"I don't know, honestly. There hasn't been any kind of contact with him in 7 years."

He thought a moment before speaking once more, "Y/N, is there anything he told you back then or anything that you knew before it happened?"

It was my turn to think for a second. "I mean, he always joked about making more super soldiers, but never did anything to actually make it so."

"He must have done something we don't know about yet," he ran his hand through his hair and went to open Tony's database to search for Zemo.

Clint read through some articles and some documents and then said, "He did it."

I was horrified. He did it.