Birds of a Feather

Back at the tower, everyone was anxiously waiting to see if they had found me or not.  

The jet landed on the roof and I walked out, everyone bombarded me with hugs and tears and love. More love than I ever thought possible.  

I was informed that since I had gone missing for so long, the search was called off and I was presumed dead by all of the organizations that were after me.  

That night, we all sat around the table, swapping stories of the last few years. Tears were shed, hugs were given and laughs were had. We played games and stayed up way too late, but nobody cared as long as the team was back together.  

Before going to bed, Clint took me to the roof under the stars.  

“You don’t get this kind of beauty in Ireland,” I sighed and leaned into his chest.  

“I don’t get this kind of beauty when you’re gone, little bird.” He smiled and pulled me closer. “It reminds me of that song you like, ‘two birds one feather’, you know?” 

I laughed, “I think the song says ‘one love, two mouths. One love, one house.’” 

“It gets the point across, doesn’t it?” He laughs right along with me.  

“Yeah, you’re right. I love you, Hawkeye,” I said, looking into his eyes. 

“I love you too, dove.”