Surprise

The next day, Clint had talked it over with Tony and the rest of the team, who were all shocked to find out about my previous marriage and came up with a game plan. Once they finished their mission, they were heading to Agent Ross to discuss this. Tony thinks that everyone else is after me because I could be of help to them and told Clint to get us to a safe house.

We were headed towards the safe house, I held my breath most of the ride and Clint held my hand to reassure me. "Don't worry, we'll figure this out."

I nodded, putting all my trust in him to keep us safe. My anxiety was through the roof.

"We're here, Dove."

I sighed, finally feeling some relief. The only people who knew where we would be is Fury and Tony. No possibilities of anyone coming after us.

The jet landed and showed an open field and a cute two story house. Clint led me up to the house and opened the door. A dark haired woman stood there with a huge smile on her face.

"Clint! You finally made it!" She smiled and ran into his arms.

He looked nervously towards me.

"Y/N, this is Laura," he introduced us.

I forced a smile and held my hand out to her.

"It's so nice to finally meet the person who saved my husband's life so many times," she pulled me into a hug and I fought the urge to slap Clint right across the face.

"He's part of the team," I smiled once again. "Where can I put my bag?"

She led me down the hall to a nice little guest bedroom. "We'll be in the kitchen if you need anything, I'm sure you're tired from the trip out here."

I nodded, "thank you for having me."

She turned to leave and shut the door behind her.

Laying down in the bed, I stared at the ceiling. This shouldn't come as a surprise; I always knew there was a reason I stayed away from feelings.

Sighing, I let the tears flow and curled up with a pillow until I finally dozed off.

-

One knock on the door later, and I was awake. It was Laura.

"Hey, honey, I made dinner if you want to come down," she said softly, her head barely poking around the door.

I wiped my eyes, the dried tears wanting to keep them shut. "Okay, I'll be down in a bit. I want to shower and change first."

"Okay, I'll have a plate in the microwave for you. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you. I know it's hard what you're going through."

"Thank you, Laura."

She shut the door once again, and I went to the ensuite and took a boiling hot shower, holding myself up with the railing on the shower wall, trying to scrub off any bit of skin Clint had touched. I wanted to be clean from him and his bullshit. Trying to keep strong, new tears escaped and I fell to the floor of the shower with a loud thud and had a full on breakdown, letting the emotions out.

The fall must have been loud enough for the other two to hear and I heard the door burst open and I heard Clint through the bathroom door. "Y/N? Are you okay? Do you need help?"

I mustered every bit of energy I had to yell at Clint, "I'm fine. Go away!"

"Y/N, I-" he started to say, but I cut him off before he got the chance. "Barton, I said go away."

He audibly sighed and I heard the bedroom door shut.

I let out the breath I had been holding, and gathered myself. I finished my shower and threw on some sweats and a shirt to head to the kitchen where I found Laura by herself at the kitchen table. It was quite late, and I had hoped to avoid both of them.

"Hey, honey." She said, looking at me with a smile and sad eyes.

"Hey.. I'm not that hungry tonight, I just wanted to say thank you again before I went to sleep."

"Okay, I'll make sure you have breakfast just in case you want it. Goodnight," she got up and went to the other side of the house towards her bedroom.