Chapter 39

The days had turned into weeks and she was slowly improving. She had moments when she would have her sass and make comments but then there were moments when she would hold it in and be nervous for fears of repercussions. They knew it was to be expected and while they wanted her to be full back to being bratty they kept reminding themselves that she was making progress and that was all they could ask for. They knew it would just take time and eventually she would feel comfortable and safe enough to be almost like her old self. Doc was very honest and told them that she would never be like she use to be and they were okay with it, they just wanted her anyway they could. While they wanted her to be a brat again, they were also okay with her being full blown submissive. As long as she was theirs and in their lives they didn't care how she was. She was putting weight on and her physical bruises were no longer visible. The cream they got her had most of her scars faded and she was very slowly starting to push her boundaries and get some of her independence back. She was voicing her opinions on what she wanted to eat and what she wanted to wear but she also had was still hesitant on speaking them, when she did it was always in the form of a question. She didn't need to be carried everywhere but she didn't stop them when they did carry her also. There were many nights they stayed up all night watching her because they were scared she would take off and disappear again but this time on her own free will due to everything she went through. Hearing her scream and cry at night from the nightmares pulled at their hearts and her involuntary flinches burned them but they knew it wasn't something she could control and the fact that she would cling to them, even subconsciously, gave them hope she didn't want to leave them. The nightmares were becoming less but she still had them and they knew she may have them for the rest of her life also. They hated every time she tried to be independent and sleep on her own but they supported her every time and made sure their door was left open because it would only be a matter of time before she would crawl into bed with them. She only slept well when she was with them but they didn't say anything because they knew it would have to be a decision she had to make on her own so she would have her confidence again. It was small decisions like when she actively sought them out for comfort that meant the most to them and gave them reassurance and hope she wasn't going to leave them.

Gabriel snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Jason talking. "Here you go Luv," Jason said as he carefully put her in the chair at the dining room table. "Gabriel is bringing your breakfast."

"Thank you," she said as she looked around the room. "This chair is so comfortable."

"We wanted to make sure all the furniture will be okay on your body, Mi Amor," Gabriel said as he came into the room. "Glad you like it."

"Thank you," She said as she picked up her fork. She took a couple of bites then John came over and held his hand out to her. She looked down to see various pills.

"Time to take your medicine, Sweetheart," He said softly.

"Yes Sir," She sighed and started taking them while pouting.

Once she was done she opened her mouth and stuck out her tongue to show that she took all of them.

"Good girl," He smiled and she opened her mouth to say something but then shut it and looked down at her plate. "What?" He asked and she kept looking down at her plate. "Tell us what you wanted to say."

"Are you going to work today?" She asked after a few moments of silence.

They looked at one another for a moment. They knew that wasn't what she was going to say but the look on Jason's face told the other two to not push it at the moment.

Gabriel cleared his throat and said, "We actually sold the company awhile back, Mi Amor."

"What?" She looked up shocked. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"