The Apartment

AN: When describing the entry way to upstairs, think of Marinette's apartment. Also still figuring out when I'll be posting and how much I'll be posting so bare with me.

----------------

[Narrator's Pov]

Nini was oh so confused, she thought she miss heard Luka.

"I'm sorry, what now?"

Luka scooted a bit closer to her, "What, you don't wanna kiss me or did you realize that you no longer want my ice-cream?"

Nini scoffed, "Come on, you can't be serious can you? Do you really want me to kiss you?"

As his smirk began to grow, "Do you really want my ice-cream?" he replied.

Nini became quiet and started to think, Well, wouldn't hurt me to kiss him, besides, he's kinda cute.

Nini leaned forward and quickly planted a kiss on Luka's cheek, "There I kissed you, so can I have some of your ice cream now?" she spoke as she back away from him.

"I didn't think you'd actually do it." Luka replied as he cracked out a chuckle. He handed over his ice cream, much to his delight. "Hmm, but in all seriousness, I would like to know why you were so sad earlier? It's okay if you don't want to talk about it, but sometimes it's better to let it out inside of keeping it all bottle up on the inside."

Nini turned away from him, now slightly embarrassed to tell him that she was crying over someone who a complete dick he was "It's kinda stupid really, it's kinda my fault for not realizing sooner what kind of jerk he is."

"He?" Luka felt sudden flash of anger, who exactly was this jerk that thought they could hurt his new friend he started to care for.

Luka saw that Nini began to shift further away from him, seeing as she started to become uncomfortable but she continued,"He was just some guy I used to have a crush on. I thought he liked me too, but turns out he was after one of my friends to entire time." She turned away, not wanting Luka to see just how pathetic she felt, "What kind of person uses someone like that? What kind of monster does that?" 

Luka understood her, he understood that there were people out there in the world that use others for their benefit. Fuck, he let the girl he had feelings for use him in hopes that she would love him instead of the dumb blonde that she fawns over.

Luka moves closer to Nini, grabbing a hold of her hand once more "Sometimes they don't realize that their hurting people like us or maybe they do know the damage their causing. But, what I do know is that we can't let them hurt us, we have to rise above it and move on." Luka leaned forward to brush the hair falling onto her face and noticed her tears.

Nini hadn't realized she was crying again. She was just staring at the ground, taking interest at what the color of her shoes were, she didn't notice her tears until he wiped them for her.

She rapidly turned her head to face him and saw that he was angry, "Nini, you shouldn't cry over someone who doesn't deserve your tears, you shouldn't-" 

"Luka" she paused, "How is it, that even though we just met today, you're probably one of the few people I know who really cares about me?"

Luka cupped her face as she continued to cry, he pulls her closer to him to let her rest on his shoulder. He just let cry, she needed to let her tears out.

As the two of them sat there for while, Nini had already stopped crying but he was just holding her since they both didn't want to let go. It wasn't until a car driving past them on the road, had Luka realized how dark the sky had become.

"It's getting late, we should probably head back home." Nini spoke, as she to had noticed the moon becoming more prominent in the night sky.

Luka replied to her saying, "Let me walk you back to your place, you shouldn't walk home by yourself at night."

"That's quite nice of you, but then you'll have to walk back to your place and I don't know how far you'd have to walk back home." Nini began to remove herself from Luka's warm embrace.

"I live in a boat on the Seine, depending on how far the walk is to your place from an entry to the river, I could probably find a cab or call up one of my friends to come pick me up." 

Nini smiled "Well that's good, you got a plan." 

Luka stood up from the bench, offering his hand once more, "Well then Gorgeous, lets get you back home then."

Nini got up and accepted his hand once again, this time they intentionally held onto each other while they were walking. It's nothing like the other had experienced before, they've never met someone who they instantly connected with like this, it was refreshing.

As they approached Nini's place, her apartment complex, the clouds in the sky started to seem heavy and dark, blocking any possible sight of the moon. 

Then all of a sudden drip....drip 

Rain started fall from the sky at faster rate and they both ran inside the apartment complex. As the two entered, they both seemed to be completely drenched when they were only barely outside when it started to rain.

Luka looked at Nini and his heart started to flutter, she was trying to wipe off whatever rain drops she could off of her face and it started to look puffy and soft. Her hair seemed to perfectly catch each drop of rain individually, making her hair sparkle under the crude lighting that was at the entrance of her building. In his eyes, she was breathtaking.

Nini looked at Luka, seeing that he was completely drenched as and asked, "Would you like to stay until the rain stops?"

Luka simply nodded his head, as he couldn't trust himself to speak to her at this very moment. It felt like his heart was going to jump out of his chest.

As strange as it is for Luka to quickly develop feelings for this girl, he felt as if this was always supposed to happen, like they were destined to meet.

The two of them walked up a couple of flight of stairs and made it down to the end of hallway where they finally reached Nini's apartment. Nini proceeds to get her keys to unlock the door and they both enter.