••• 오십오 ~ dishevelled •••

YOU POV

You couldn't help it. You laughed out loud.

So this was it.

You let out another laugh, this one making the tall man retract the marriage certificate. Yoongi's hand gripped your shoulder, as if bracing for an explosion.

"So this is what my life thinks is funny now?" you asked, eyes focused on a wood stain along the gangplank. All your sanity seemed to sit inside it. "Hoseok...asks me to marry him yet... he already has a wife?"

Yoongi's grip tightened.
"I'll murder that motherfucker, I swear to god," you heard him mutter. "I'll split his stomach end to end."

But clearly that wasn't on Gongyoo's agenda.

"Well, I'll be taking my leave now that everyone is up to date," the gangster secretary or whatever he was stated, fixing his tie. Shooting a hand signal at the other thugs, he dipped his head, his supercilious smile eroding the gesture. "Thank you for keeping Mr. Jung contained until now. Until next time--"

He turned and walked away, following the throng of men off the wharf.

But his words were ringing in your ears.

'Mr. Jung.'

'Mr. Jung. '

It couldn't be, yet it was.

This whole time, Hoseok....smiley and hugging-you-from-behind Hoseok....kissing you softly Hoseok...always cordial Hoseok with his chocolate-brown hair, shirtless, whispering in your ear each morning:

"Y/n~"

A tray of breakfast in hand, you would smile sleepily as he stroked your bed head back.

That was our brief together.

A complete lie.

There were tears in your eyes but it was as if you were unable to cry.

You never said a word. Not even a hint. How was I supposed to know Hobiya? And now...

A distant chorus of seagulls began to echo across the wharf, striking a sudden chill through your bones.

I'm all alone again.

The sheer emptiness of that moment, the feeling of knowing full-well you had hit an unsurpassable barrier, that there was no acceptable way to argue against a marriage....

Yes, suddenly I am alone again.

All alone with Yoongi.

JIMIN POV