29. well I can work with that

"im completely and totally fine

"im completely and totally fine." stiles said rushing out of his heat in the hospital room.

"nuh uh uh you completely and totally have a concussion, stiles." Melissa said pushing stiles back into the the room further. "lie back down. the doctor said you aren't leaving without a CT scan." Melissa told him.

"we still havent paid for the last one." stiles said before trying to push past her again.

"oh no, no, no, no. Meredith is at the station. your dad said it could take some time but he will get her to talk." Melissa said knowing stiles would only find that out when he leaves later. "even if I let you go, what would you do?" she asked him.

"okay, fine." stiles said putting his jacket back down on the bed as he slowly backed up to sit down again. "can you do me one little favour?" he asked her once he was sat down again. 

"anything." Melissa said as she leaned on her arms against the railing of the hospital bed.

"can you get me a tape player?" he asked turning his head to look at her.

"like cassettes?" she asked confused, she didn't even know they even still made tapes or that he would even know what a cassette player is.

"yes. tapes." she said his thumb rubbing anxiously against his fingers.

"yeah I'll see what I can do." she said standing up from where she was leaning to leave.

"okay, tapes though please." stiles checked as Melissa was closing the door behind her.

"cassettes." she corrected

.......................minuets later.......................

stiles hospital room door opened to show Melissa coming back. "you find a tape player?" he asked her eagerly turning around to see without tape player.

"no. but I found someone looking for you." she said stood in the door way.

Melissa moved out the way of the for way walking out the room letting that someone enter. 

"hey..." stiles smiled weakly at her. Melissa quickly closed the door locking it shut behind her from the other side.

"I heard you almost got killed." lilliana said playing his her ring on her left hand.

"I heard you almost got killed." stiles said gesturing to lilliana.

"you okay?" Lilliana asked still a little pissed at him keeping information from her that she really would have liked to know sooner. 

"Brunski punched me in the face. turns out he was a serial killer." Stiles explained in a calm tone despite the dark theme. "what about you?" he asked.

"gun point." lilliana deadpanned biting the inner of her cheek.

"you okay?" stiles asked taking a step closer to her. 

"im fine." lilliana said backing up a bit towards the door. "im gonna go." she said turning around to leave.