Chapter 34: Placement

CARLS POV
I woke up, and my one hand was handcuffed to a pole. I looked around some more as my vision got clearer. "Good you awake." Shane began standing in front of me holding a tray. "Now eat." he finished. He set it down next to me, and it had pancakes and eggs on it. I pushed it back at him with the arm that was free. "You need to eat." he said pushing it back at me. "I don't want anything from you, specially not your putty food.." I told him and pushed it towards him. "It's not potty food, my boy just needs to eat." he said. "I'm not your boy!" I yelled at him as I picked up the tray and threw it at him. He then ran up to me, and clenched my arm, and yelled. "Don't talk to me that way!" He then let go and backed away. "Maria! Clean this up!" He yelled and left the room. I didn't know who Maria was until Dr. Cameron walked in. Her names Maria? She slowly picked the mess I made up. "What are you doing here?" I awkwardly asked. She looked at me, and laughed. "Place where I'll die by dead people, or here." She replied. It's not surprise, two evils working together. "Oh." I whispered. "How do you feel?" She said setting the tray aside. "Fine.." I said. She came up to me, and felt my fore head, but I turned away. She sighed, but she still was kneeling next to me. "So you don't feel nauseous or have a headache?" She asked. "Nope." I told her. "That's good, that means only your legs hurt, you know for not walking for a day." she said standing up. My legs did feel a little stiff. She then walked out of the room with the tray. I then turned my attention to my handcuffed arm. I pulled on it, but all it seemed to do was hurt my wrist. I looked around to see if there was anything I could use to get free, but I seemed to be in a room filled with pipes and heaters on the wall. Then, I remembered the laptop. "Dad?" I whispered. "Carl are you alone?" I heard him reply. "Yes I am, but he could come back any minute." I said, and I was right. Shane rushed in carrying a key. He came over to me and unlocked the hand cuffs. He grabbed my arms, and pulled me to my feet. I could barley stand at first, but I stood eventually. "So I called a handy man, because while you were passed out a pipe burst, so I need it fixed. You need to act like your happy here and that your voluntarily here." he said taking me out into the bigger room that seemed to be a living room. There was a couch, there was a tv, and there was a crib that held Judith. "So here's how it works, Maria is my wife, and you and Judith are our kids. If you try to tell him something, I'll kill him, then Judith, got it?" He asked. I just nodded my head, when I saw a door. I then took a chance, and punched him in the crotch, and ran for the door. He yelled in pain, and then grabbed something from the table. I pulled at the door, but it was locked. "I didn't unlock the door yet. I didn't want it to come to this, but you give me no choice." he said right before he ran at me. I went to run, but what he had grabbed, was a taser, and he had got me in the stomach. I fell to the ground in pain not being able to move. He lifted me up and put me on the couch. Maria walked in, and she saw him holding the taser and me in a ball on the couch. "You tased him?" She yelled leaving the room. "What was i supposed to do?" He yelled back. She came back with a glass of water and handed it to me.
I couldn't even speak to thank her. "Now remember what that felt like, because I'll do it again, maybe higher voltage." he threatened.
After ten minutes, I was able to sit up like a normal person. When we heard the doorbell ring, Shane ran over to Judith's crib, and carried her over and set her in my arms. "Remember the plan." he whispered before opening the door. A big, bulgy, man stood behind the door, who didn't seem to know the difference between a beard and a mustache. "Come on in." Shane began. He stepped in with Shane shutting the door behind him. His fabric name tag stitched, "George" on it. "Well this is my wife Maria, and over on the couch are my two kids Carl and Judith." Shane pointed. "Nice to meet y'a folks, now where's this pipe that needs some fix'in?" George asked. "Right this way." Shane said leading him into the other room. "Judith." I whispered and held her tight. I was reunited with my sister again, and i need to protect her. Shane came back in the living room- alone. "I'm giving him some alone time to focus on the pipes." Shane announced. I nodded my head in understand meant, and smiled at baby Judith, she giggled, and that's all I needed. I had to fight for us, we have to get back to dad.