Chapter 36: Heres a place to never call home

CARLS POV
We pulled into The parking lot of an older building- or at least that's how it looked. We walked into the main entrance, and there was a small voice box. Shane hit the button, and a rusty voice said: "State you business." Shane sighed, and said "8925." Then, a giant click noise came, and Shane pushed the door open, and we walked inside. As we walked in, lined against the walls were men holding big guns, starring at us. Shane just pushed us toward until we got to the last door on the right, and entered the room. "What's happening?" Maria asked Shane. "I had two options. 1: to take my rightful family and live happily ever after. 2, was to... Make Rick suffer for his betrayal in me, and I've already used option one." Shane sighed. "Well how are you gonna do option two?" Maria asked. "I'm sorry." Shane said. Then a guy who looked from another country pulled out a gun, and shot Maria in the chest. I barley caught Judith as Maria fell. Then Shane took Judith from me, so I went down to Maria. "Dr. Cameron!" I yelled. But she lied lifeless on the ground. I stood up and went over to the somewhat Italian guy, but Shane pulled me back. "How is killing her going to make my dad upset!" I asked. "Oh it's not part of making him upset." he sighed.
RICKS POV
I stepped outside as my new phone rang. Who's calling me? I answers the phone, and:
Rick: Hello
Unknown: Rick grimes, if you ever want to see your son alive again, you will come to 56 Adams road alone. No police or he dies, and we'll know.
That was the last thing I heard before he hung up.
I followed the orders and took a cab to the address. I walked into the old building, and the door was locked. I saw a voice box, and hit the button. "State your business." A voice said. "I'm here for my son-" was all I could get out before hearing a click, and the voice say, "The last door on the right."
I walked into the main part of the building, and as causal as possible, I walked passed the guys with guns. I made it to the last door, and pushed it open. I saw a familiar body, lying dead on the floor. I stepped inside the room, to see Shane standing next to Carl, and holding Judith. But I also saw an Italian man holding a gun, and some rich looking guy sitting behind a desk. "So nice of you to join us- Rick." The guy behind the desk began. "The names Simon." he said. "I came for my children." I Demanded. But Simon just laughed. "I see Shane has yet to fill you in." he said before nodding his head to the Italian guy. He went over to Carl, and ripped him away from Shane, and put the gun to his head. "Do what we say, and we won't die." I hadn't realized Shane had a plastics bag, until he dumped it out on the desk. Over thousands of dollars were rolled into stacks lying in his desk. "A deals a deal." Shane said. Simon nodded, and then said, "Rick, move away from the door." I knew he said that as for to let Shane leave without laying a finger on him. "Or what? You'll kill me!" I spat. Simon sighed, and said, "Mario, go ahead." he said nodding to the guy holding Carl. He took the gun, and pounded Carl in the stomach with it. Carl grunted and fell to the ground. "Alright!" I said slowly moving away from the door. After Shane left, two more guys came in, and one went on my right, one on my left. I looked at the situation carefully, and there was no easy solution. Mario then put Carl on his feet, and led all of us out of the room, across the hall. But before we went into the next room, Shane yelled, "Make him suffer!" And then took off with Judith. I tried to escape the two men's grip to chase him, but couldn't. I followed the guys into the room, and what I saw was breath taking. There was two chairs set up across from each other, and table filled with items from beginning to end. I was sat in one of the chairs, my hands tied to the arm rests, and did the same to Carl with the chair across from me. Then, the three men left, leaving Me, Carl, and Simon in the room. "Please, my son ain't go nothing to do with this. This is all me, just let him go." I pleaded. But Simon laughed and replied, "Oh, but he has everything to do with this. I've been given specific instructions, that I need to follow, if I want the rest of my money." He then turned his back to look at the table. I looked over at Carl, and mouthed, "Are you okay" and he nodded his head in return. Then, Simon picked up a knife that looked bigger then a pocket knife, but not as big as a steak knife. He then walked and was directly in between Carl and i.
"So this is how it works. I ask one of you a question, and if I like the answer, then nothing bad will happen." He started. "Okay so let's begin. Rick, why do you think Shane is doing this to you?" Simon asked. I thought for a minute. Is he joking? "Because he thinks my kids are his and that I'm standing in the way and he'll do anything to ruin my life." Was the only thing I thought. "Hmm interesting answer. But is it good enough? I guess so. So Carl, your question is: Why do you think your in this situation?" He stated. Carl sat there, with a confused look. "Is this a joke? because if not why should I tell you?" He yelled. "Carl!" I yelled wanting him to be quiet. "I didn't like that answer." Simon said walking over to Carl. He took the knife and dragged it up his throat. "Hmmm." Simon whispered as he did it. He then rolled Carls sleeve up, and slowly started digging the knife up his arm. Carl winced in pain, as I tried to get free, but it was useless. "Next question for you Rick. Who would you rather save, Judith, or Carl?" He asked. Before I was able to take a breath, Carl blurted out "You don't have to answer that!" Simon got a very anger expression. "Fine. We are gonna do this differently if your boy doesn't follow the rules. If I don't like anyone's answer, then I hurt the boy." he smirked and walked to Carl. "You can't do that!" I yelled. "Watch me." he laughed. He took the knife, and cut open Carls shirt. "You see all these scars? There because of all you put him through, just like this situation, so why not add more?" He said before he cut into Carls chest. Carl screamed in pain until he stopped, which was killing me.
CARLS POV
"Okay, Carl your question is: Who would you rather save, Your mom or dad?" He asked. No no I can't answer this! But I saw my dad nod, as if he understands if I lie or not. "My mom." I decided to say, because if I say dad, he might hurt him. "I like that answer he smiled and then walked over to the table. The next thing he grabbed was a bat. "Next round. Rick, your question is; do you think Judith is really your child?" He asked. My dad started blankly. "Well, it's a 50/50 chance I really can't answer that." my dad replied. From the way Simons face dropped, that wasn't the right answer. He sighed and walked over to me. He took out a pocket knife, and cut my hands free so I could move. He yelled, "Cisco!" And one of the guys from before came in and pointed a gun at my father. "Walked over next to the chair or he dies." Simon demanded. I slowly stood up, and almost fell back down, but I made it next to the chair still standing. Simon then raised the bat, and bashed me in the stomach. I though had the wind knocked out of me, I was still standing. He then came behind me, and swung the bat and took out my knee, making me fall to my knees, then hit my back making me fall completely down. I lied there in pain as I look at my father face, not being able to do anything to help me. Simon then asked, "Carl, your question is: With The girl Maria, or know as Dr.Cameron, I was told you were not very found of her, why not?" I lied there speechless.
"Well!" Simon said. He then went over to the table, and grabbed a machete, and bent in real close. "Was it because she did things that you might be too young for? Huh!" He yelled. I looked at my dad all confused. "What is he talking about?" My dad asked. "Yeah tell him Carl." Simon added. I just looked at the ground as I dealt myself actually start to cry, something I hadn't actually have done sense my mom died. "No- no Carl." my dad sighed begging to become sentimental himself. "Oh but yes! Tell him what she did to you!" Simon yelled. "How would you know anyways?" My dad pointed out. "A little buddy told me." he said as Maria walked into the room."But I saw you shot." I cried. "It's called acting, and a fake bullet." she said laughing. "I wanted you to do it yourself." Simon said handing me a gun. "a What? No." I said. "Do it." Simon demanded. "No!" I said. I'm not that person anymore! This made Simon turn bright red with anger. He loaded the gun and shot Maria in the head, and you could tell she was really dead.
He then took the knife, and stabbed it into my shoulder. I screamed out in pain, to the point where nothing was coming out. I the kicked him in his crotch, and grabbed the gun. I shot him in the leg, and the I shot Cisco in the chest. I the tossed the knife to my father so he could cut himself loose. He then came rushing over, and helped me stand up, but I could fully walk so I put my arm around him and we left the room. We walked out to see the building completely empty, but being filled with police. I saw Detective Freelance, and it brought a smile to my face, or at least that's the last thing I remember before collapsing in my fathers arms.