Chapter 41: It looks like a mutt

Over three days to my calculations, I've seen Patrick and holly come in and out taking different kids. I hadn't been out of the basement sense Payson brought me up last.
Every time Patrick's come down, his stupid dog came down with him. I swear, that dog has something against me.
"I can't stay here forever." I whispered to Payson. She sat up and sighed. "Not everybody stays here for a long time."
"What do you mean?" I crawled a little closer to the bars separating out cells. "Some kids- just don't work out. They either don't fit in right, or misbehave to much and become a liability." I nodded my head and sat back. She then put a finger to her mouth, shushing everyone, when we heard the locks being unlocked on the door.
Down the steps came Patrick, the dog that had attacked me, and another dog, but this dog had a sad, long, look on its face, and looked only German shepherd.
"Your all probably all wondering who this new dog is next to me and Killer." Patrick paused. So the evil dogs name is Killer. Big surprise.
"This new boy here, is Max." Patrick patted it's head making the dog whine. "Uh.. he doesn't really like people... Which is perfect!" He looked around at everybody. I looked over at Max , and I noticed he was starring at me. Then he trotted over to my cell and started to whimper. Thanks for drawing attention to me.
"But apparently this kid has something special." Patrick said unlocking my cell. He grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the cell. "Your coming upstairs today." Patrick said pulling me up the stairs. He then whistled for the dogs to follow. He locked the door behind us, and then he put me in a chair, and tied me to it. "So what's your name again?" He asked. "Carl." I said. "Carl. Hmm interesting.."Why do you care about the names of you victims?" I asked. He started to chuckle. "Don't you understand?" He began as he knelt down to my height. "I'm saving you kids! From your old lives! So you get the life you deserve!" "Nobody deserves this! Maybe the only people are you and your sister!" I spat at him. "Ah ah I don't Attitude!" He yelled in my face. "Or what? You'll kill me? Oh please it's probably better than here anyway!" I made him angry. He punched me so hard across the face that he knocked me and the chairs over. He then bent over and picked me in the chair up. "You better watch your mouth you shit head!" he screamed. "Why because I'll admit the truth? Like how your a crazy psych path that took me away from the only thing I cared about!" I screamed back. "Shut up!" He screamed taking out a knife. When I thought he was gonna stab me, he cut me loose from the chair, and pulled me over to one of the windows. "I can't take the chance of you running away while I put you into place. Under the window, was a closet. Patrick opened up the door and pulled out a metal bat. He then threw me against the wall, and my back was against the wall. And quickly before I could do anything, he got the bat in position, and swung taking out my left knee. I screamed out in pain and fell to the ground as it felt like my knee shattered. He then picked me up from the ground, and dragged me out the back door of the house. He pulled me out to a car, but through me on the ground. He got in the car and backed off of its place to where there was a wooden board lying on the ground. Patrick left the engine on, but got out of the car. He lifted up the wooden board. And oped up what seemed to be a box in the ground. It was small, and wooden, and I think Patrick made it. He then came over to me, a dragged me over to the box. "What are you doing?" I asked as he threw me in the box. "You'll have lots of time to think about the life you deserved, in here!" He yelled. He then shut the box. "No please! I'm sorry! Let me out!" I cried. But I heard the car pull over the wooden board, and the engine shut off. I couldn't stretch my legs out all the way, so I was stuck laying on my back. I started to bang on the lid of the box, and was screaming, "Someone help me!" I was still pounding against the wood when I felt a sharp pain in my hand and I screamed. I looked around and found a small flashlight. I turned it on an shined it on my hand and saw it was bleeding. I shined the light up to where I was pounding, and I saw a bloody nail sticking out.
RICKS POV
Ever sense I woke up outside the hospital the other day, I've been trying to think of what I did wrong. Was I that bad of a father? I just want my son back. That's all I need to focus on. I walked around the hospital looking for Maeve, when I finally found her with that girl Kaitlin. "Maeve may I speak with you privately?" I asked. "Say it I front of Kaitlin. She knows everything now." What! That's just great. "What about her parents?" I asked. "They don't know anything besides the fact that Maeve is my new friend Alice." She smiled. "So where have you been?" Maeve asked as she slacked my arm. "I was- I was with Carl." I sighed. "What do you mean was?" She asked. I told them the long story, and how it was my one priority to find my son. "So what your saying the only way to find him- is pretty much luck?" Maeve asked. "Because we've all had so much of that." Kaitlin said sarcastically. We all shut out mouths when we saw Kaitlin's parents heading our way.