Chapter 30: Reactions

MAEVES POV
I walked down the hallway, when a girl and I collided. "Hey watch it!" She yelled as we both stood up. "Sorry, you know it wasn't all my fault." I said angrily. We looked at each other's faces and froze. "Ma-Maeve?" she stuttered. We both stood there staring at each other for a while. "Kaitlin?" I finally asked. She nodded as we hugged quickly. We then had the awkward sentimental moment brake, as Max came up to me. "So are we going to start-" she stopped as soon as she noticed Kaitlin. "Oh... Sorry didn't realise it was reunion time." she added. "Did you need something?" I asked not looking away from Kaitlin. "Yes I needed to talk to you about the thing." She coded. "How--? Where--? When--?" Kaitlin sputtered. But before I could reply I was being dragged away by my sister.
"Yes yes it's shocking you just ran into your old best friend, but we have more important things to discuss."
*FLASH BACK* IN THRID PERSON POV
"You know this homework's not going to do its self." Kaitlin and Maeve Laughed. "Yes but if we do it later, then we can have fun now!"'Kaitlin said. She sure did make a point Maeve thought. "I don't know..." Maeve said. "Please!" Kaitlin begged her. "Fine!" Maeve finally agreed. They got up and ran out back to where Maeve's and Kaitlin's family had been hanging out. "Mom can Kaitlin and I go play in the woods?" Maeve asked her mom while Kaitlin asked hers. Once their parents agreed, they were off on their journey. "What is sissa and Kait doing?" Max asked Evan. "I think their going on one of their adventures!" Evan said excitingly. "We should go with them!" Max suggested.
"So it's this way right?" Kaitlin asked snapping a branch off the tree. "Yeah, it should be there still. But i don't think we should go it could be dangerous!" Maeve insisted. "Well it's not my fault I don't believe you about this, hole!" Kaitlin laughed. "Here right ahead!" Maeve pointed. There, right in front of them was a large whole, that didn't seem to have a bottom, it was to dark in it to see for sure. "You were right this is cool!" Kaitlin said as she leaned in close. "You shouldn't go that close!" Maeve warned as she ran up just as close.
"Let's scare them!" Evan said. Max thought it was a bad idea, but before she could say something else, they were sneaking up on them and screamed bloody murder. "Ahh!" Maeve screamed scared. Kaitlin didn't even flinch. But as for Maeve, she began to loose balance, and they watched her disappeared into the hole. "Sissa!" Max yelled as she jumped in after her. Evan grabbed Maxes arm to stop her, but it brought them both in the whole. Kaitlin scared and confused, ran out of the woods to get their parents. But when she brought them back to where the hole once was, it wasn't there anymore. "I swear they fell into a hole that was right here!" Kaitlin cried. But without the proof, who could believe her?
*BACK TO NOW TIME* KAITLINS POV
As i remembered that last day I had seen them, a tear fell down my cheek. Kaitlin and her siblings disappeared around 4 years ago. No word from any of them, and I just run into them at a hospital? "Hey." I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Carl. "Hi." I said. "Have you seen my dad?" He asked. "Uh nope. Not in a little while." I replied. "What's wrong?" He asked concerned. "Uh nothing, just- ran into an old friend. You okay? You look a little pale?" "Okays... Well if you see my dad let him know I'm looking for him." he said and then continued walking, totally ignoring my question.
RICKS POV
"Yep thank you." I told the desk lady. I turned around to see Carl coming towards me. "Hey." I said. "Don't you hey me! I've been looking for you everywhere! I need to tell you something!" He snapped at me. What's up his pants? "Sorry, what did you need?" I asked. "You know, now I don't even remember what I wanted to say!" He yelled. "Carl you sure are sweating a lot, are you feeling okay?" I asked concerned. "Just fine!" He said and walked away. Well, he's definitely my son.
I started walking down the hall when I ran into Kaitlin in the hallway. "Oh Carls looking for you." she told me. "Yeah.. He found me." i relied. "Was he acting strange?" I added. "Yeah actually." Hmm that's really strange.