Chapter 9: Lets undo that then

We were walking back to our shelter, and I was still holding Max. We walked in, to see everybody waiting with Maeve in front. "You guys are okay!" Maeve yelled coming up to us. I smiled as she stood in front of us. "Let's go to the infirmary, we think Max sprained her ankle." I said as Evan, Maeve and I started walking towards it. We got there to see Dr. Cameron waiting for us. While She checked out Max and Evan, I went in the hallway with Maeve. We were leaning against the wall, when she asked, "So what happened?" I chuckled a little. "Well, your brother has no sense of direction, and didn't fill the gas. But we all survived, even Evan, the idiot." I said trying not to laugh. "He's still my brother!" She said smiling and laughing. "But your okay right?" She then added. I went to my room where I slept, and she followed. "I'm fine I said entering. "You should should really change your clothes, your covered in dirt." she said shutting the door behind her. I went and grabbed another flannel. I slowly took my shirt off, because it hurt my shoulder to do it. "Carl, you have a giant bruise on your shoulder! She said. I looked to see a black and blue bruise on my shoulder. "So your watching me change now?" I said sarcastically putting the new shirt on. "I'm serious. Does it hurt?." She asked as we went back in the hallway. "Not at all." I lied right through my teeth. She gave me a doubtful look, as the infirmary door opened, and Dr. Cameron came out. "Your turn Carl." She said. But before I could say anything, we heard my dads voice call every one. We went out into the lobby, to see what he needed. He just started going over basic rules, and reviewing the maps and stuff. Then he brought up a new topic. "We found some new people. This is John, Mary, and Matthew." My dad said as three people came in. There was a tall male with brown hair, which was John, standing next to him was Mary, a medium height with blonde hair women. Then there was a Mathew, who looked about 15. "So be as welcoming and treat them with respect as much as you can. That's all for now." he finished. The fist thing we all heard, was Dr. Cameron say, "Come on Carl." My dad walked over, intrigued in our conversation. "I'm fine. Really." I said sighing. "What's going on?" My dad asks. "Carl won't let the Dr. check him out." Maeve quickly said. "Carl." he gave me a stern look. "I'm fine okay?" I said. "Oh really?" Maeve said as she pushed me, shoulder first into the wall. "Ow!" I yelled grabbing my shoulder. "See?" Maeve said. Then my dad and I followed doctor Cameron, and Maeve told me she was gonna talk to the new kid. We got into the infirmary, and she did the normal, heart beat, eyes, blood pressure and temperature. "See? I'm fine." I said. "Now talk your shirt off and we will see." She replied. I sighed, but did as she said. She immediately saw the bruise and started touching my arm. I Flinched in pain, and she said, "I see the problem. Yoyr shoulder is dislocated." Great. Now what?" My dad asked curiously. "Well, I have to put it back in its place." She replied. "Fine then do it." I Said looking back and forth at them. "It's gonna hurt. It's going to hurt a lot." She said seriously. I looked at my dad, a little worried. "Umm okay.. Then, we can just leave it like it is." I suggested and hyped down from the bed and headed towards the exit. Top three things I hate. 1. The doctors. 2. Pain. 3. Taking orders.
I was stopped by my dad stepping in front of the door. "You can't leave it there!" Dr. Cameron sadly said. Then my dad whispered to me, "Carl, just be brave. I know you hate these things, but it has to be done." I looked at both of them again, and the got back on the bed. "Okay, so turn sideways, and face your dad. Just focus on him, and I'm gonna take your arm, and pop it back into place." She said. I turn sideways, and focused on my dad. I was shaking, as she said, "Three, two, and one!"
MAEVES POV
I went over to where the new kid was, and introduced my self. "I'm Mathew. It's nice to meet you." He said shyly. "How old are you?" I asked curiously asked. "I just turned 16. How about you?" He asked back. I smiled as we sat down, and replied, "14. Are those your parents?" I asked pointing to where Mary and John were talking to Daryl and Tyreese. "Uh Ya." He said looking at them. This guy is giving off a weird vibe, but maybe because I just met him. "You look kinda sad. Is anything wrong?" I accidentally blurted out. "What? It's uh, nothing.." he awkwardly said. Then all the sudden, I heard a familiar scream, which was Carl. I tuned my head and stood up saying,"Nice to meet you." then I ran to the infirmary to see what was up. I walked in to see, Carl on the floor, holding his shoulder, and Dr. Cameron and Rick behind him. "What happened?" I asked wanting to know what happened. "Oh I just popped his shoulder back into place. By the way Carl, that might hurt for a while." Dr. Cameron said. Then, Rick and the doctor left the room. I Helped Carl up and walked him to his room. We sat on his bed, not yet exchanging words. "You okay?" I asked but only earning a head nod back. "Well, I met Mathew. He seems weird though. Like he seems guilty of something." I said not wanting it to be awkwardly. He still didn't say anything "Come on Carl! I want my boyfriend to talk to me!"
CARLS POV
I wanted to jump up and down and just kiss her. But I didn't, because I was still in pain. So instead, I mumbled "Hi-" She then smiled. "Get some sleep, you need it." she said kissing my forehead, and then left the room. I'm her boyfriend. Shes my girlfriend. We decided that a month ago, but didn't say anything to anyone, that's why Evan thinks I'm just crushing. I then drifted off to sleep.