Chapter 24: Wait what?

CARLS POV
"So Rick Grimes is your fathers name, what about your mother?" Detective Martin asked me. I didn't know how long to wait to reply, not wanting to make it awkward. "Well her name was Lori." I sighed. She stopped moving her pen for a minute, and looked up at me. "Was?" She asked. "She's- a dead." I said a little to subtle. "May I ask how?" She asked. The doctor wasn't in here right now. It was only detective Martin and i. Detective Freelance was at the station doing paper work. "Giving birth." I said remember Judith. At least my dad still had her. "Oh so you never got to meet her." She replied almost silent. I should have thought before saying, "No I definitely got to meet her, I was the one to kill her. She was giving birth to my sister Judith." "You killed her!" The detective yelled. Yep- the awkward moment came. "Well if it's any constellation, she asked me to..." I awkwardly said. There was a long moment of silence. I swiped my hair to one side, and rubbed my eyes. Talking about my mom is a bit of a soft subject, one I haven't even thought about sense this whole switching worlds thing. "Well... anyways, another question was, the doctor said you've had some resent injuries, can you explain those?" Was the next thing she asked me. I summed it up as quick as possible.
She seemed pretty confused, but I guess I would be too. The the dark blue door swung open. It was Kaiti, saying "Okay, so I swiped some jello from the cafeteria, I didn't know what color you liked." She then awkwardly faced Detective Martin. "Kaitlin." Detective Martin said standing up. Is that a good thing that they know each other? Kaiti and her brother did hit me with a car. "Mom, what are you doing here?" She asked looking away with her eyes. Mom? Detective Martin has kids? She looks like she's in or twenties, but now that I look maybe thirties. "I would like to ask you the same thing." She said looking at Kaiti then me. I then began to laugh on accident. "What's so funny?" Detective Martin asked me. "That the cop who doesn't know who I am or how I got here is the one who's kids hit me with a car." I laughed but they didn't think it was too funny. "You hit him with a car!" Detective Martin yelled angrily. "Technically Robert hit him, I was just in the passengers." She also laughed. "Why do you think this is funny!" Detective Martin yelled. Now I'm involved in a family argument. "Can I talk to you in the hallway, now." she added sternly.
KAITIS POV
I shut the door behind us as we went outside the room. What's my moms deal? "Yes mom?" I asked trying to figure it out. "Your father is going to kill you!" She yelled to me. "Oh wow mom. To bad if "Detective Freelance is going" to kill me." I said sarcastically. When arguing about my father I tend to call him by his cop code. "Kaitlin, this isn't funny, Why were you going to his room anyways?" She asked. That was a good question. I don't know if it was because I felt bad, or if I liked him, I think we could be friends. "Because I think we're, friends maybe. Also I feel bad for hitting him with a car!" I whispered not wanting anyone to ease drop on our conversation. "Well I don't think ill approve of you being friends with him!" She replied. "You mean dad?" I made clear. You think having a parent as an officer is bad? Try having two parents being officers. I feel like my life is trapped in my room or at the library studying for school. "What about dad?" We turned our heads to see my dad walking towards us. "Ummm. I better go give this to Carl." I said and then went into his room. I gave Carl a signal to be quiet as I ease dropped on my parents. "Why is she in the kids room?" I heard my dad ask. "Well Robert and her may have been the ones to hit him with the car." Mom said back. "Lilly! Our kids hit this mystery child? Why would she still be near him!" My dad yelled to my mom. "We'll talk about this at home." Then I quietly shut the door. I turned to face Carl, and walked over and handed him the jello. "Thanks he said placing on the night stand. I felt bad, seeing him stuck in bed at a hospital. "Hi, Sorry about that." I smiled. "That's okay, I know how parents can be." he said. "So what's your story?" I asked curiously. "Not much to say there." he looked away as he said the worlds. Then the door opened, and in came my parents. "Kaitlin." my dad said. I got the message he wanted me to leave. "Detective." I said sarcastically as I waved to Carl good bye. My dad gave me the death stare as I left. Bye bye daddy love you too.
CARLS POV
I waved as Kaitlin left. She was nice, but her parents could be nicer. It's not exactly my fault I'm here. Detective Freelance just stood there and stared at me, until he finally stormed out with no words. This is driving me crazy! Sitting here all the time!! "Stupid hand cuffs." I whispered looking at them. I the looked in the night stand, and pulled the top drawer open. Sitting there, was a red paper clip. I looked at the paper clip, and then the handcuffs.
I looked to make sure the detectives or my doctor was around before leaving my room. The coast was clear. I inched my way down the hallway, not knowing exactly where I'm going. I was walking past a set of rooms, when I came to an elevator. The doors opened as a blonde stepped out, so I stepped in. The doors shut behind me, scaring me a little. I looked at all the shiny buttons on the wall. Which one do I press? I don't know where I'm going, or exactly how the elevator works. Before I pressed a button, the doors opened. It was Kaitlin. "Carl? Nice to meet you here. Where you going?" She asked as she stepped in. "I don't know. I've never been here before really." I say back. She then pressed the button that had a 1 on it, and said "Well then I'll just have to show you!" It started to move, so I grabbed the handle for support. "First time in a elevator?" She asked seeing me panic a little. "Just.. not in a while." I said. Years to be exact.
The doors finally opened, and I just followed Kaitlin. She walked to the bright clear doors. "After you." she said holding the door open. I stepped out in the sun blinding place. I looked at the cars zooming by and the people just- walking around. "Come one lets go to the fair!" she said excitedly. When I didn't move, she grabbed my hand and pulled me to this place with flashing lights, and fast food with kids and adult laughing together. I swear today we went on all of the rides, and had the best fried dough. This is the life I should have lived. Laughter, smiles, not having to worry about every more we make.
But as we walked, I realised this wasn't the life I was suppose to live, just an accident. The weird thing is this is Sam and Dean's world, and they described monsters, and yet all I see is blue skies and people having a good time.
"My dad is going to freak." Kaitlin laughed as we walked back to the hospital. We got back to my room, and tried to sneak in, but when we opened my door, Both the detectives and my doctor were waiting. "Hello Carl." my doctor said crossing his arms. "Kaitlin, we're leaving." Her dad said. "Bye we whispered to each other.