Chapter 12: forever in my heart

It had been two weeks sense Maeve and I broke up. We were more mad at each other then sad by now. Thinking we're not at fault. My mom was definitely Pregnant. She was due soon, which worried us a little. The population of walkers seemed to be getting higher. "Every one!" My dad announced. We all went in the lobby, and listened. "So for our supply run this week, it's
Rick, Daryl, and Maggie
Carol, Tyreese, Glenn
Evan, Maeve and Max
So let's go." he finished. Then he came over to me, and whispered, "I want you to keep Your mom company." I agreed as the groups going out left. I went and grabbed an apple, and sat down on the brown couch next to my mom. "How are you mom?" I asked wondering. "Oh just fine. Still pregnant." She said sounding angrily. "Okay then." I said taking a bite of my apple. Then my mom started to get up, so I said "No mom don't get up." "To bad." She said slowly walking away. "Ugh, there's a damn walker outside, I'm going down to the basement to get a knife." She said angrily. Hormones. Ugh. "Mom I'll get it for you." I said standing up. "Sit your but down now. I can do it. God." She said going down the stairs. I just decided not to get involved with what she did today. It it had been a half hour, and I started getting worried. "Mom?" I yelled. "I'm fine I just can't find the knife I'm looking for." Okay are you-" I was interrupted by a scream. "Mom!" I screamed running down the stairs with my gun. I got down, and my mom was on the ground. "Carl!" She yelled. I got down next to her. "Are you okay?" I asked. "I'm going into labor! I feel like my stomachs gonna explode!" Oh god not now! "What do I do?" "Get someone!" She yelled. I ran up stairs, and grabbed doctor Cameron, and told her "My moms in labor! And something's wrong!" We both ran down stairs, to her side. After five minutes of The doctor checking she announced, "I have to cut you open or you'll both die!" She said. "Cut her open?" I asked. Beth shook her head. "Do it already!" My mom cried in pain. Then Cameron took a knife, and cut her stomach open. There was blood every where, but finally the baby came out, and she cut the cord, and announced "Its a baby girl." "Go take her up stairs with her." My mom whispered. The doctor then took the baby upstairs. "Carl.." she said. "Mom what's wrong?" I asked taking her hand. "We don't have the supplies to fix me.. and I'm not going to make it." "What? No toy have to!" I began to cry. "No Carl. Its okay. But I don't wanna turn." I then realized what she was asking. "No No mom I Cant." "Please, it's my dying wish." she then picked up my gun, and placed it in my hand. I knew what I had to do.
THIRD PERSON POV
Rick and the groups got back, and they put the stuff down. Rick was wondering where everyone was. He heard a high pitched crying coming from the infirmary. He went into the room, to see Beth holding a baby. "A baby?" He asked curiously. Then he realized it was his baby. "Lori gave birth!" Where is she?" He asked. Then Dr. Cameron said, "Rick...." Then they were interrupted by a gun shot. Then Rick ran down to where it came from, to see Carl standing over the lifeless body, with a gun, crying. "No. No no no!" Rick began to cry. Carl ran up stairs, and rick ran after him. Carl ran outside and started killing walkers while balling, and rick collapsed in the lobby. Everyone found out, and They comforted Rick,
And Outside, Maeve ran out, and hugged Carl, who could nearly stand, from what he had done, and the loss.