Chapter 38: Gone?

KAITLIN'S POV
I stared out the police station, to see a familiar face walking bye. This is my chance! I said getting up. I then ran outside to try to catch up. "Hi Maeve." I said. "Oh hey Kaitlin." she smiled. "Where you going?" I asked As we continued to walk. "I'm just going to the Library...You wanna come?" She asked. I showed a smiled, and replied, "Uh sure."
Once we got inside to the library, we sat down at one of the back tables. "This place has changed a lot." She whispered. "Well it's been like 5 years... Speaking of.. what brings you back into town?" I asked trying to be polite. "Oh just.. visiting." she lied. I could still tell when she lied. "You know when you left your mom was devastated." I stated. "Well it's not like I actually left on my own." she sighed. "Where- uh did you go exactly?" I asked. She starred down at the old shaggy carpet stuck to the floor, with its patterns lighting up the room. "Oh come on Maeve! You disappear and then five years later you decide to show up!" I asked. "You have a lot of questions." she pointed out. "Of course I'm going to have questions!" I yelled earning a "Shhh" from the librarian. "Like where did you go? How did you come back? Why did you come back?" I exclaimed lowering my voice. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you." She whispered. I sat there starring at her, and she knew I wouldn't stop until she spilled her beans. "I was transported to- to another world." she whispered. "What!" I yelled. She threw her hand over my mouth and yelled, "Shh! I know it's hard to believe, buts it's true. It was terrible, the world I was in. We had to kill- we had to kill dead people. It was hell, until, until I met a boy who helped me. He saved me, and I saved him." she showed a wry smile. "Ooh so you found a boy?" Was what I decided to take out of the conversation. She looked confused, but then realized and said, "No no, I don't think so. We've been down that road before.. and I guess it just didn't work." her small smile disappeared. "Kaitlin, you could have told me you left." my mom startled us as she was now in the library. "Well you've been busy. What's been going on?" I asked curiously. "You know your supposedly new friend that was brought into the hospital?" She began. I nodded my head. "Well he's been kidnaped, and his father left without telling us anything, until he showed up, without Carl. So he's a missing persons." she finished. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Wait- Carl as in- Carl Grimes?" Maeve asked. "Yeah, how do you know?" I asked. "That was the- the boy I was talking about." she whispered. My mom noticed I was with someone finally. "Hmm.. I feel like I know you from someone where. Are you one of Kaitlin's friends?" She asked. I looked at Kaitlin and she looked at me. "Yep. I'm- Alice." she covered up. Luckily, my mom didn't know when she was lying.
CARLS POV
I was put into the front of a long van, I noticed when I finally opened my eyes. I was alone, in a locked truck. I then saw the door open. It was a women. "Hello there!" She smiled. I could see the crazy on her, it seemed to show in her tone of voice. She had dirty blonde hair, and blue painted nails that matched her eyes. I didn't say anything, just sat there. "Your a shy one aren't you?" She laughed. She started the truck and started driving. "What are your intentions?" I asked before anything else. She seemed surprised that I spoke, but answered with, "Your just the perfect gift for my brother!"
I then looked away, and saw something in the cup holder. There was a tool box lying on top of the cup holders,with screw drivers and a hammer with nails. It's now or never.
I then reached for the hammer to smash the windows, but she saw me. "No!" She yelled. She then reached over and yanked the hammer away from me. She then went into the glove department with one hand, throwing the other back on the wheel. She grabbed out a syringe, and opened it. "What the-?" I began but she had already stabbed me in the neck with it. I saw the light fad away quickly, and fell into a deep sleep.
I was in a field, but not alone. I saw somebody, but couldn't tell who it was because they were facing the opposite way. "Hello?" I called out. The person turned around slowly, and I realized who it was. "Mom!" I screamed. I ran up to her and squeezed her tight. "Oh my boy." she said squeezing back. "What are you doing here?" I asked letting go. "Well I'm here to check up on you." she answers with her wide smile, a familiar smile. "Well here I am." I said. "So how's your father?" She asked. "Well.. I don't know." I answered. Her face turned down to disappointment. "What?! Well what about Judith?" She asked. "Shane took her.." I whispered. My heart broke into millions of pieces when she said, "I've never been so disappointed. It's a shame to call you my son." My eyes began to water as her words came out. "But mom-" she interrupted me. "Don't mom me. You didn't protect your family. So you now don't have one. You've deserved everything that has happened to you." She frowned. Then she brought something out from behind her back, a gun. "What are you doing?" I asked backing away. "What I should have done a long time ago." she sighed loading it. She held it up so it was pointed at my head. I looked her in the eyes, as she pulled the trigger. I heard the gunshot, and saw as I fell to the ground.