Chapter 24

I woke up to the sound of someone whispering my name softly. I tried covering my ears but they grabbed my hand kept kissing the back of it. Donald. I had completely forgotten that I fell asleep on his lap. I turned so that I was facing him; he was staring down at me smiling.

I reached up to squish his face and he made a funny face. I laughed and sat up so I was sitting across from him.

"Our gate should open in 10 minutes. I just woke you up in case you wanted to eat something and use the bathroom before", he said smiling.

"Now that you mention it I really am hungry, and I've been needing to pee for an hour. I was just too lazy", I said laughing.

"Well why don't you go to the bathroom and I'll buy us some sandwiches. Would you want anything else?"

"No, Sarah made sure I had enough snacks to feed a family. I put half of them in my backpack, so the sandwiches should be good"

He laughed and helped me up to my feet. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and made his way to the food courts. I smiled to myself as I walked to the bathroom. After I was done and was washing my hands I felt something vibrating in my bag. I had totally forgotten about my phone this whole time.

I opened my bag to see that Sarah was calling. I quickly answered it.

"Hey sorry I didn't call once I got to Donald's house, but don't worry everything is okay. We are at the airport and our flight leaves in 10 minutes so-"

"Lillie, Leo showed up here", she said softly. I froze in place and I prayed to God that nothing happened.

"Are you okay? How is Aaron? What happened Sarah?! I need-"

"Hey hey relax, we are fine. He came over a few hours ago, banging on the door like a mad man. When I opened it he pushed past me into the apartment. Aaron stood in his way and told him to get the fuck out. Leo tired hitting him but Aaron just grabbed him then threw him to the floor. He threatened to grab his gun if he didn't get up and leave that second-"

"What did Leo say?!"

"He asked where you were, and I told him long gone by now. Then he just stormed out the door. Please be careful Lillie, this lunatic has a mission and its to get you back"

"That won't happen I promise. I have to go because Donald is probably worrying about me by now. I'll text you right before we take off"

"Okay I love you, take care"

"I love you too", and with that I hung up and made my way out the bathroom. Donald was waiting by the door when I walked out. I guess my face gave everything away because he looked worried.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?", he asked grabbing my hand.

"I'll tell you later, but I'm okay now", I said interlocking our fingers. He smiled and we walked back to our gate. After we were done eating, we noticed that our gate was being opened. So Donald grabbed my hand and we walked inside. Once we were seated, I quickly texted Sarah to say we were on board.

I put my phone back in bag and turned to see Donald looking at me again. I leaned him and softly kissed him. This kiss was faster than our first but just as sweet. I pulled away and rested my head on his shoulder, then whispered thank you.

I don't think he understood why I said thank you but he kissed my forehead in response. As the plane took off a few moments later I felt myself relax. I am free, for now at least.

I closed my eyes, and I just pictured a perfect scene. Donald and I holding hands on a beautiful beach. That's what I wanted, needed actually. I needed him, and during this trip I wasn't going to let the thought of Leo hold me back.