Chapter Five

I got home and all I could think about was the last thing Leo said to me. He mentioned that I should take better care of my journal because I had some great stuff in it.

Did he really read it, I thought to myself, would he really do that?

I opened up my journal just to make sure everything was okay. Luckily, everything was the same. Nothing was ripped out or added or changed. I was about to put it back into my drawer when something slipped out. I swore I checked and nothing was there but I picked up the paper anyways. As I read it for some reason I couldn't stop the smile that now spread across my face,

I know you need to know whether I really read this or not, so call me already

Leo

Under his name was his number. And of course he was right, I was dying to know if he really did read it. So dialed the numbers into my phone and waited as it rang. After only 3 rings he answered.

"Hello?" he said in a confused tone.

I smiled to myself, knowing he probably knew it was me

"You know who this is don't play dumb"

"Wow you are still so sassy over the phone darling".

I couldn't help but laugh at his comment. "I'm sassy all the time darling", I said in a mocking manner.

He laughed this time, and I swear it give me chills for some reason.

"Well obviously you didn't call because you wanted to chat, so I'll get to the point. No, I didn't read your poems. I just said that because I really wanted to hear your voice, and I was right. You sound just as amazing over the phone".

I thought his laugh gave me chills, but this just made them worse. Wow, this boy already knows how to get my attention. My thoughts were interrupted by his voice on the line.

"Are you still there darling?"

"Yes I'm here, and I have a question"

"And what would that be?"

"Why do you always call me darling?"

At first he just laughed, and he didn't stop laughing for what seemed like 3 minutes. He finally calmed down and caught his breath.

"You really don't know why?"

"No I don't know dummy,that's why I'm asking you"

"It's because you're mine"

"Excuse me? What do you mean I'm yours?"

"Come on, you felt it didn't you?"

"Felt what exactly?"

"When I was close to you in the parking lot, I could tell you were nervous. And even though I was holding you I'm pretty sure you could have gotten away from me if you really tried, but you didn't. You didn't attempt to get out of my grasp or back up. You just stood there and I'm actually glad you did because wow are you breathtaking".

He didn't know what he was talking about obviously because he didn't know me. I've had too many boys fall for just my looks and end up leaving once they realized I'm not just a pretty face.

"Leo, please don't do this. You don't know what you're getting yourself into. I might look breathtaking, as you say, but there's so much-"

"So much more? Yes I know that. And I know you have a wall up to everyone else but Lillie Evelyn Aiko, whether you like it or not you're going to let me in. I know it won't be easy but it's going to turn out perfect"

What do you even say to something like that? I sure as hell didn't know. Leo had only know me for a few hours at this point and you know what, I believed every word he said.

I believed he could be the one to get past my stubbornness, my anxiety, my pain and fears. I felt like he wouldn't stop until I let him in and that letting him in would be the thing I needed most. But it wasn't going to be that easy.

"Words mean nothing to me anymore. You say I'm already yours, that you'll break down my walls, that in the end this will all be perfect. Well prove it. Make me believe in you, in this, whatever this is. Make me feel something, and maybe, just maybe I can actually be yours".

Although I couldn't see him I could tell he had a huge smirk across his lips when he replied.

"Oh I will darling, I will. I will do that and so much more, I just hope you're ready. You're going to be mine, no matter how long it takes or how much of a fight you put it, it's going to happen. So get some rest, because starting tomorrow this going to be one hell of a ride".

And with that he hung up, and once again I was fucking speechless. What did I just get myself into?