Chapter Seven

I spent a bit more time working on how I looked this morning. I wasn't trying to impress anyone but I needed to especially good today. I needed to look good while acting hard to get for Leo later. I'm hard to get regardless but he'll have to work especially harder than the guys before him did.

I walked over to my closet to find something hot, yet not too revealing. I didn't own anything too revealing regardless so picking an outfit wasn't a difficult task. I decided on a pair of red shorts, tight black tank top, leather jacket, and my black flats.

I never wear makeup, matter a fact, I hate it. But I was feeling good today so I decided to put some on. I had a makeup kit I got as a present that I hadn't used, and you know what people say; there's always a first time for everything. I applied some eyeliner and mascara, since that's all I could handle. After I was done I put on some earrings and walked out my room.

I made my way to the living room and found my dad sitting by the computer. As I was walking towards him he noticed me and his eyes got wide.

"What's wrong", I asked surprised by his reaction to seeing me.

"Nothing it's just- I haven't see you put makeup on in forever. I also haven't seen you walk out your room with a smile in a while. I was just surprised".

"Oh, okay". It was only after he said those words did I realize how true they were.

I hadn't put on makeup since I was in dance as a little girl. Dance was one of the many things my mom never supported me on. And smiling, well I stopped smiling as often the night she died. It was a reality check for and my mindset just completely changed after that.

I guess I had been standing there thinking for a bit longer than I expected because once I looked up my dad was staring at me with a worried expression. I assumed I looked upset because he got up and pulled me in for a hug.

"You know you look just like her, especially when you smile. I wish you would show it more but I understand why you don't. Just know you're not alone baby, we are going through this together".

I had to bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from crying. I was so thankful every day to have my dad. He always knew the right thing to do when I was upset. I hugged him back with a squeeze and then pulled away. I kissed his cheek and started making my way towards the door. I was already half way out when I heard him call to me.

"Have a nice day sweetie. Oh, and just know you're telling me about this boy once you get back home", he said the last part with a wink and I couldn't help but laugh. Nothing could get past him, I thought to myself. I said I loved him and then slowly closed the door behind me.

----------------------------------

I'm sorry this was another short update but nothing seems to be saving. This was all I was able to get done without it deleting it all. I will try to update more tomorrow if it's not acting up.