Chapter 17

I think you guys have had enough of this lovey dovey crap, so let's fast forward a year into our relationship. Leo and I had been doing great, we were happy and didn't fight often. When we did it was just about things like spending too much time with friends, not answering my phone right away, or not telling him where I was. Which I understood because he just wanted to make sure I was safe and okay.

In the middle of our relationship I had gotten noticed by a producer. I had started posting YouTube videos of me singing, and one day I got a call about one of my videos. The woman said she loved my voice and wanted me to come in and record it for her. It was the greatest achievement of my life, I can't even express. Leo was really happy for me, but upset at the fact I'd be spending less time with him.

Things became more complicated, and the fights became more constant. But everything took a turn on prom night. I should've ended things that night, and honestly don't know why I didn't. Probably because this stupid thing called love.

I had gone dressing shopping with him and Sarah the day before. They didn't like each other so it was hard shopping with them, but I was happy when they agreed on a dress for me. It was a long black dress with a gold belt and gold straps. Leo decided to surprise me later on that night with matching gold watches.

The night of prom we shared a limo with Sarah and her date. Everyone was getting along pretty well which I was happy about. We got to school and we all walked in together, until we made to a table we planned to share but I ended up not seeing them again after.

Sarah and her date left us to go dance, and I also wanted to but Leo said he wasn't in the mood to dance yet. So I just sat at the table with him humming the song I was going to perform that night. I was really nervous about the whole thing, but even more nervous because Leo didn't know it was going to be a duet.

I had been telling him that I was working on a song with Sarah the past few times, because I was scared of how he would react. He didn't like guys even glancing at me so I didn't want to tell him I was going to sing a song with one.

*flashback*

The building that my studio was at had a floor just for people to record. I was walking to my studio when I heard this really great voice. I knew it was a guy by the deep, thickness of the voice but it sounded so tender. I followed the sound, and found myself in front of a recording room 3 doors down from mine.

Inside was a guy about a few inches taller than me, with short black hair, wearing a Hawaiian t-shirt. His eyes were closed while he was singing, and I could just tell he was really feeling the words of his song. I opened the door softly and shut it behind me. He didn't realize I was even there until he finished and opened his eyes.

"Oh wow, I didn't notice you were in here. I would've stopped and introduced myself" he said with a shy grin on his face.

I laughed and said, "It's okay I was outside the room most of the time. I just came in because I wanted to hear you more clearly"

"Oh well I'm glad you thought I was good enough to come inside"

"I think you're phenomenal honestly. I was walking down the hall, and I heard you and I just needed to see the person behind the amazing voice"

He blushed at my response and said, "Well thank you very much, and I'm sorry the person isn't as beautiful as the voice"

"Oh stop, you're good looking" I said laughing

"Well I'm flattered, but I don't think I'm nearly as good looking as you" he said with a wink.

I just smiled and said," My name's Lillie, and my studio is just 3 doors down. If you ever want to hang out just come in"