Chapter 31

Within a year I had completely forgotten about Leo and all the pain he put me through. I had an amazing career and I was living with a man I loved. Donald asked me to marry him after living with him for 5 months, and of course I said yes.

It was a beautiful wedding on the beach, and my dad couldn't stop himself from crying every other minute. It was the happiest day of my life. I was surrounded by people I loved, I had my amazing father walking me down the aisle to give me away to a man that was my whole world.

I don't think Donald and I had ever smiled as much as we did on that day. He shed a few tears when he saw me walking down the aisle towards him, and we both teared up during our vows to each other. The rest of the night was perfect, the whole day was.

We got married a month before my dads birthday and I felt like surprising him. There was an open house next door to us, and I had been looking into for a few months. So on his birthday I drove to the place I used to call home, and handed him a key.

"What is this for?", He looked down at the keys confusingly.

"That's to the house I bought you. I know you told me from the start that you didn't want me getting you anything, but the house next door to us was for sale. I know you love this place but I really want my dad as close to me as possible", I said smiling at him.

I saw the tears that he was trying to hold back as he smiled back at me. He pulled me to him and gave me the biggest bear hug. I wrapped my arms around him and allowed my tears to come out too. This man gave me the world, and I know I could never give him anything close to that but that didn't matter. His smile was all I ever needed.

Donald and I helped him out of his house and move in next door, and within 2 weeks he was settled in. Now I had the 2 most important men in my life close to me.

6 months later I had more good news to tell my dad. I took him out to eat one day, and as he was eating I handed him a small bag.

"Sweetie, you know I don't need gifts", he said smiling.

"Just open it old man", I said laughing.

He opened the bag and pulled out a pink baby bib and it said Grandpa's Little Angel. He stared at it for a second, then looked up at me with teary eyes.

"I'm 20 weeks along dad. You've got a grand daughter in here", I said smiling down at my stomach.

He jumped out of his seat and gave me a hug. I felt his tears hit my shoulder so I just hugged him tighter. He pulled away and smiled down at my stomach. He softly placed his hand on my stomach and another tear fell down his cheek.

When I first found out Donald acted almost the same way as my dad. I made him a nice dinner, and I left a baby pacifier next to his plate. He came home and when we sat down for dinner he stopped at his chair.

He looked confused and when he looked up at me I couldn't hide my smile and teary eyes.

"I'm pregnant", I said smiling.

"Really?", he said excitedly as he walked over to me.

I nodded, and he picked me up in a giant hug. I laughed as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He put me down and kissed me passionately, and when he pulled away I could see the tears in his cheeks.

This baby girl was going to have an amazing father, and the best grandpa she could ever ask for. As for me, I would try to the best mother I could be.

I gave birth to our beautiful baby girl a few months later. Donald and I decided to name her Nami, since my mothers name was Naomi. She was the most beautiful baby I'd ever seen, but then again every parent says that about their child.

As the years passed I watched my baby girl grow up, and I even had her sing a verse in one of my songs about her. Her and her father were my world, and I was so happy to be apart of our amazing family. It was little, but we had a lot of love for each other and that's all that matters in the end.