Prologue

#Lizzie's POV#

This is a turning point in mine and Joel's life. What the doctor is going to say when she comes back in is going to change our lives forever. Me and Joel, my boyfriend, was in the hospital's waiting room. While we were waiting, I looked at him. He wasn't looking at me. I let my thoughts drift around my head a little bit. He's still as lovely and cute as when he was back when we first met in GameFest, I thought. 

Just then the doctor walked in. "Lizzie? Joel?" 

I bit my lip. Here it comes. "Here," Joel answers for us. The doctor smiles. "Before I give you the news, I would like to say that my daughter is a HUGE fan of you guys. She'll be SO jealous that I got to meet you." This cheers me up a bit, but I'm still very worried. Then the doctor delivers the message. 

"Lizzie, Joel, I'm so sorry-" She started. I buried my face in Joel's shoulder and tears started trickling down my cheek. "Lizzie is unable to get pregnant. If she does, by any chance, we don't know if the baby will make it out alive." 

Right then I cried out loud. It was a small sob at first, but then it grew and grew. I heard that Joel was also snuffling, and reached out to hug him. Finally, I dried my tears. The doctor said: "There are many ways you can get a child. Adoption is a choice."

"Joel?" I asked. "Do you want to adopt instead?" 

"Yes, Lizzie, we'll do anything we can to have a daughter or a son." 

A/N: Hello! Sorry for the short chapter, but this is only the prologue and I will have longer chapters later in the story. I would love it if you would vote and leave a comment! Thanks!

-Eclipse 🌙