Chapter 3

#Lyn's POV#

It was noon, and we still had an hour's drive until we got home, Joel suggested we get some takeaway for lunch. Me and Lizzie whooped in joy and we pulled over to the nearest McDonald's drive through. We got some burgers, drinks and shared some fries. Then we set off again, with Joel and Lizzie alternating driving so the other can eat. 

Lizzie was driving now. "So, Lyn, I guess you know about us already, as you said you really really like us and our videos." Joel said while munching on a fry. I blushed a bit. "So I think now it's time for us to learn about you." He finished. "Sure." I gulped down the last of my Coke and started off simple. 

"I'm Lyn-Rose MacBentley, and I'm 13 years old. Everybody calls me Lyn. I love Minecraft." Lizzie smiled at that sentence. I continued on. "Obviously, I am a REALLY big fan you guys, as well as your friend Taylor, or, as everybody knows her, GeminiTay." Joel nodded on that one. "I really loved her Empires SMP episodes. Can you BELIEVE she hatched the dragon egg?" I asked. "Yeah," Lizzie replied. "She's such a powerful wizard. Hey, maybe someday we can go on vacation to Newfoundland and go visit her!" "Yes, that's such a good idea!" Joel agreed. I was so happy I could pop. 

"Let me finish, let me finish!" I cried. "I like pasta and my favourite colours are gold and turquoise. I really want to dye my hair teal, like just a stripe in my hair. I love animals." I finished off. Joel laughed. "I learned a lot there!" Lizzie looked at me through the rearview mirror. "I'm sure you'll get along nicely with Meri and Buddy, then." Oh yes! I thought. Meri and Buddy! Their dog and cat! "I can't wait to meet them!" I smiled. 

The rest of the car ride was just small talk, with all three of us laughing a lot. 

#Joel's POV#

Timeskip to 1:35pm, at Joel and Lizzie's house

"So here we are!" I said energetically as I got out of the car. "Welcome home, Lyn." Lizzie unlocked the garage door and immediately Meri came bounding over, giving Lizzie some slobbery doggy kisses. She and Lyn giggled. "Meri, meet Lyn. Lyn, this is Meri!" "Aww! She's even cuter in real life! She's just a gigantic cute fur ball." Lyn replied with a grin. 

I opened the boot of the car and lugged out her suitcase. "Let's go to your room, Lyn. I'm sure you'll love it," I said. "Today you just settle in, play with Meri and Buddy. Joel and I will be recording a video about adopting you, and I'll call you when you're supposed to be in the video." Lizzie told Lyn. Lyn nodded, and I think her dreams just came true all at once. 

"Then, tomorrow, Lizzie and I will take you to the mall." I finished. "Yayyy!" Both the girls cried. We all went up the stairs and into Lyn's new room. A light purple coloured blanket and pillowcase was on a white queen sized bed and a light brown desk overlooking the street below had two iMac monitors were set up on it as well as a keyboard and a small white box. As soon as we saw Lyn's crappy (Sorry if you have an iPhone 7, don't take it personally) iPhone 7 when we met her yesterday, we bought her a new, light green iPhone 12 for another gift. All the others we got when we decided we were adopting a girl. 

"Surprise!" Me and Lizzie both shouted. Lyn's eyes shone when she saw her room, especially when she saw her new phone. "THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!" She squealed. I grinned. Finally me and Lizzie have a daughter. 

A/N: Thank you guys so much for reading! Hope you enjoy it so far :) 

-Eclipse 🌙