Chapter 13

#Lyn's POV#

Lizzie rang the doorbell to Scott's house. We had parked the car on the side of the road, leaving Buddy and Meri inside for now as we settle in. I was so excited to meet Scott, even though that's not supposed to be the emotion I was supposed to feel. He was one of my favourite YouTubers, along with Grian, Jimmy, GeminiTay, fWhip and of course Lizzie and Joel. 

The door opened and Scott, holding Elle, his cat. I stood there in shock, not knowing what to do as I, once again, met another of my favourite YouTubers. Finally I stuttered: "Hello...Scott!" Gosh that was embarrassing. "I'm Lyn-Rose. You can call me Lyn. Lizzie adopted me a few months ago." Whew. That was better.

Lizzie tried to smile, though her face was still a bit flushed red. "Hey, Scott. Thanks for accommodating us in such a short notice." "No problem, Lizzie." Scott replied in his heavy Scottish accent. "Nice to meet you, Lyn." 

"I watch all of your videos, Scott! I loved your Empires series and I'm also watching your AfterLife SMP videos!" I couldn't contain the words anymore, and they gushed out like a flowing stream of water. Scott laughed. "Glad that you enjoy my videos. Come on in and settle down into our guest room. It's okay if you guys sleep together for the time being, right?" Lizzie and I both nodded and smiled. We dragged our suitcases up to the second floor and turned right. 

It was a medium sized room, with one queen sized bed, a window, a connected toilet, a desk, a cabinet and a wardrobe. There was a fluffy, turquoise coloured rug in the middle of the room, and my toes sank into it right as I walked in. "This is perfect! Thanks, Scott!" Lizzie said, laying her suitcase onto an empty space on the floor and unzipping it. I followed, placing my luggage next to her's. "No problem. So get yourselves settled first, then we'll have a chat in the living room." 

#Lizzie's POV#

After a few minutes me and Lyn went down the stairs, petted Elle and went into the living room. Scott was there, on his phone. He looked up. "You'd better go get Meri and Buddy. They'd be bored to death in that stuffy car." 

We looked at each other. The pets! Oh no! I thought. Luckily Meri and Buddy were fine and we let Meri loose in the back garden and Buddy in the house to play with Elle. 

"Okay." After all that, Lyn sat back down onto the couch. "Now you have to tell me what happened." "Tell us what happened." Scott emphasised. "Alright, alright." The time has come to mention his name again. 

And so I told them what happened. I told them about Buddy cuddling up with me moments before disaster, about me calling Meri to the front door and about me opening the door to the horrific sight. I described how close Joel was to Bella and how he lied to me... and then I started crying. The small tears came first, rolling down my cheeks. Then it became heavier, until the point where I started bawling out the story to my adopted daughter and one of my best friends. 

Lyn was hugging me, gentle tears also streaming down her face. Scott sat there, fuming. "How could he? How dare he do this to you!" He yelled, to no one in particular. Well, probably to me. But I didn't have the answer for that. "That's horrible...now I know why you were wanting to get out of our house so fast, and why you didn't want me to mention his name." 

I nodded, relieved that my daughter understood. But Scott... Scott was a different story. 

A/N: Two chapters in a day, I'm on a roll! :)

-Eclipse 🌙