Chapter 19

#Lizzie's POV#

It's the next morning, and after a rough night, I'm still mad at Joel. He has the nerve! I thought at breakfast. Of course, we didn't tell Scott yet, he'll find out soon enough.

With a full stomach, me and Lyn lay down on the couches in the living room. Scott was recording a video, so we had some private time together in the house. We brainstormed for a while, thinking about what to do with the whole 'Joel' situation, and finally I got a solution. It involved money, but I don't care and I make enough per month from my YouTuber channel. 

"We should move out, Lyn. Move into a house, preferably smaller, and live our lives there. Without Joel. We'll not even tell him the address so he can't visit or follow us. We'll take one of the pets, and let Joel keep one so he won't get so lonely. Not that I'm worried about him," I added at the end. 

Lyn thought about it for a while, then a smile creeped onto her face. "Let's do it," she said.

#Joel's POV#

No. No, it can't be. We're done... her voice echoed in my head. No, no, no. We're done....we're done... one last time... one last goodbye.... Forever....

What have I done? 

#Lyn's POV#

The next morning after breakfast, I had to go to school as usual, so Lizzie drove me there at around 7:30am.

School was normal, and I told Amber and Jack that because there's some problems in our house, they can't come over to do the project, so we decided that we can go to Jack's tomorrow afternoon. When I got home, me and Lizzie started looking for the perfect home for us and Buddy. We thought that we could let Meri stay with Joel, and even though we'll miss her a lot, we won't be able to take care of two pets with only the two of us.

Halfway through, we got bored and didn't find any houses that are perfect for us, so we logged into our multiplayer server and recorded another video. By now, I have one thousand subscribers, and I'm overjoyed by this. We had dinner, and while I did my homework, Lizzie continued looking for a house for us. For a while, she couldn't find anything. But then she spotted a potential candidate. It has a back garden, a small wading pool, two bathrooms and three bedrooms on the second level, a good sized kitchen, living room and dining room on the first level. And it's not very expensive, either.

"Is this the one?" I asked Lizzie when she called me downstairs. She's sitting with Scott and they are having ice cream. I'm no expert on houses. She thought about it for a while. "Maybe." She replied. "Maybe, Lyn. Let's search some more." So we decided next weekend we'll go check out this house and two more that Lizzie and Scott found appealing.

That night, I lay awake. Lizzie was sleeping soundly, chest heaving up and down. This is good, Lyn. Don't worry about Joel after everything he did to me and Lizzie. This is the first time I'm moving with my.... Mother.

It felt kinda weird calling Lizzie that, but... I also kinda like it. 

#Joel's POV#

I don't know what to do now. Lyn was very vague in her message: What does Joel, we're going home. One last time. One last goodbye mean? Are they coming back? Are they forgiving me? But why would they say one last goodbye except if they're leaving me for good?

Thoughts keep swirling in my head like a tornado, and they keep haunting me like a restless ghost. This is all your fault.... One whispered. You and Bella.... Now Lizzie's gone..... Another one said.

"Stop!" I shouted out loud. It's very lonely living in this house by myself, and I'm now questioning my sanity. It's their choice on where they live, and it's my fault they left me in the first place!  

To soothe me from my worry and my thoughts, I logged into AfterLife SMP and found out my new origin - A Lepus, which is kind of like a rabbit. The recording and gameplay went pretty well, and I tried not to sound like I just lost the two people I loved the most. Then I used my super bunny hop to leap through the End - and I fell into the void. And lost all my stuff.

I stopped recording and put my head into my hands. Everything has gone haywire after Lizzie found out about me and Bella. Even Minecraft is mean to me. Well, I have to say, it's me controlling my avatar. I just logged out of AfterLife and went to bed.

A/N: Sorry for the delay! I have been very busy these days and I'm preparing to go to the US, so my uploading won't be too frequent, but I'll try to upload ASAP. Thanks for taking the time to read my story. Hope you're enjoying it so far! This book is almost done but if you want me to make a part two of this, please let me know in the comments! 

-Eclipse 🌙