Chapter 1

#Lyn's POV#

I'm Lyn-Rose. People call me Lyn for short. I'm an orphan. My mom had died in a fire that I barely made out of when I was ten and my dad had died before I was born. I now live in Moorshire Orphanage, in England. 

"Lyn! What should I wear today? There's a couple coming to adopt today!" My best friend and roommate, Sophie, calls out. I looked at my watch and sighed. She woke me up! At 8:00am! "Blue short jeans and white top," I practically groaned. Sophie took my advice, and, as usual, came out of the bathroom looking gorgeous. Everybody would love to have her lovely long golden, wavy hair and her emerald green eyes. 

Then the thing she said hit me. "Adoption day!" I jumped out of bed and cried. 

After a boring and bland breakfast of stale bread and milk, I went back to my room, logged on to my computer and put on my light purple headphones to watch my favourite YouTubers, LDShadowLady and SmallishBeans, as the couple will not arrive until before lunch. LDShadowLady just released a new Empires SMP video, episode 28, so I excitedly clicked into it and started watching. 

Timeskip to 10:55am

"All girls aged 10 to 14, please report to the main hall, the adopters are arriving soon." The loudspeaker sounded. That's my cue! I am 13 years old. I took out my headphones and bounded down the stairs and joined the other orphans in the hall. Then I couldn't believe my eyes. In front of me stood... LDShadowLady (Lizzie) and SmallishBeans (Joel)! I nearly fainted out of happiness and shock. The YouTubers were adopting someone from here?  I thought. Ahhhh! I managed to collect myself but I couldn't take it anymore. I ran back to my room, put my headphones back on and submerged myself in watching Lizzie's video. 

#Joel's POV#

Me and Lizzie stood outside the Moorshire Orphanage. "Ready?" I asked her. She looked into my eyes. "Ready." Then, hand in hand, we walked inside. We got greeted by the orphanage's headmistress, Mrs Bush. 

"Welcome to the Moorshire Orphanage, Lizzie and Joel! If you follow me, I will show you all the girls from 10-14 years old. I believe that is what you told me in our phone call?" She asked. "Yes," I replied. "Thank you." "Okay," Mrs Bush continued. "You can ask the girls questions and hang out with them today, or until you choose one to adopt." We nodded, and Mrs Bush held open a double door for us. There are all the girls, chatting and giggling when waiting for us. 

Just then, a girl with long brown-blonde hair arrived from the back of the room. She noticed us, stood still for a second, and then ran back up the stairs. I motioned to Lizzie and we chased the girl upstairs, much to the others' shock. We got to the dorms just as Room 18's door clicked shut. Me and Lizzie exchanged a puzzled look and then I knocked on the door. 

A/N: So that was the first chapter! If you liked it please vote and comment! Thanks, bye!

-Eclipse 🌙