Chapter 10

#Lyn's POV#

I can't believe Joel rejected me. I told Amber the bad news and she said that it's okay, she'll see Joel when he comes to pick me up anyway. But it's not the same as inviting her to see Meri and Buddy and also Lizzie.

But it also made sense. I didn't want people crowding outside our front door every minute of the day. We wouldn't have any privacy, and don't mention peace. But Amber was my friend. Joel should have trust her. 

After a minute, I saw our silver car arriving through the school's front gate. Amber was on the phone with her mom, explaining why she decided to go home. 

As Joel and the car approached us, he rolled down the window. "Hey, Lyn. How's your first day?" He asked. I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes. A bit dramatic, I know, but he deserved it. "Alright, I made a new friend, as you know. It was going well until you rejected me." Out of the corner of my eye I saw Amber excitedly hang up and walk towards me. 

She squealed as she saw Joel, smiling very hard. "Hi-" She blushed and waved. "I'm...I'm Amber, Lyn's new friend...and I love your and Lizzie's videos! So much!" Joel laughed. "Nice to meet you Amber. I'm glad you're one of our fans!" 

"I invited her to come over today, but you said a big fat no to me..." I emphasised the three words, eying Joel. "I'm sorry... maybe next time, when I decide that I can trust Amber enough to know that she wouldn't lead our address. We just met." 

I sighed. Looks like this conversation wasn't going to go anywhere. 

Timeskip three months 

These days went perfectly. My weekday routine was:

1. Go to school

2. Come home and eat snack

3. Do some homework

4. Eat dinner

5. Feed Meri and Buddy

6. Play Minecraft / record / edit videos

7. Go to bed

School was fine. I hung out with Amber in between classes and somehow made a new friend called Jack Foster. We ate lunch together every day and led me through the 'new girl' procedures. On the weekend, me, Joel and Lizzie usually play Minecraft together or record and edit our videos. Joel and Lizzie recently got invited to play on the AfterLife SMP, and it looked really fun. I hope when I finish school and become like them I can play on YouTubers SMPs, too. In the afternoon we might go on a walk with Meri and relax at home, or go sightseeing or on day trips. 

"Lizzie?" It was after school when I approached Lizzie, with a question. Actually, two questions. "Yes, Lyn?" She was in her office, on the AfterLife server. "So, we have a project in art class and my teacher wanted us to pair up or do the project in threes. I'm with Amber Hughs and Jack Foster, my friends. Could they come over to work on the project?" 

In my mind, I was like 'please, please, Lizzie. Don't reject me like Joel did'. "Hmm..." Lizzie looked at me. "Could you do it at one of their houses? Because I don't want them to leak the address." Ugh. Same as Joel, ramming about leaking the address. I thought. "Jack's grandparents are staying at their house, so it won't be easy to do it, and Amber has a one-year-old little brother and a seven-year-old sister, so it would be very disturbing to do it at their house."

"Yes, and we have one dog and one cat and two YouTubers recording videos and gaming all day." Lizzie smiled and ruffled my hair. "Of course they can come. Just tell them if they leak our address, they are going to be in grave trouble." Jackpot! I beamed. "Okay. Thanks Lizzie! I'll ask them if they can come over tomorrow after school." 

A/N: WE HAVE ALMOST 100 READS!!! Hope you like what you're reading, please leave suggestion comments below if you think I can improve on anything! I don't think I will be posting much for the next two weeks as I will be going on holiday! 

-Eclipse 🌙