Chapter 9

#Lyn's POV#

After lunch I had art. Amber checked her schedule and found out that she, too, has art with me. As she led me to the art wing, I said: "Hey, do you know LDShadowlady?" Amber stared at me like I was crazy. "Lizzie? Duh... she's one of the most viewed YouTubers in England!" I laughed, turning slightly pink. I hoped she didn't notice. "Well... can I tell you a secret? Can I ensure you with it?" Amber smiled. "Yeah, Lyn. I promise I won't tell anyone." "Okay...," I said wearily. Then I leaned towards her and whispered seven words to her.

"I got adopted by Lizzie and Joel."

#Amber's POV# (A/N: You weren't expecting that huh?)

Lyn leaned over and whispered: "I got adopted by Lizzie and Joel." My hands flew to my mouth and I gasped. "You...you live with them!" Lyn nodded. "Aaaaaaaaaa! I can't believe it! Can I meet them?" I asked. 

"Yeah! Wanna come over after school or tomorrow after school?" Was Lyn's reply. That was the best thing anyone had said to me. Ever. "Okay! I'll call my mother after school and ask if I can come over today. Uh, better ask Lizzie or Joel, too." I said. "Yup!" She smiled and we giggled all the way to art class. 

Timeskip to after school

Lyn said that Joel had texted her to tell her that he was picking her up after school, at 3pm, so I called my mom to ask if I could hang out with Lyn.

"Amber! How was the first day of school?" My mom asked just as she picked up the phone. "Great, I met a new friend! Actually, that's what I'm calling you about. She invited me to her house after school. Can I please go?" 

"That's great, Am! You can go, just come back before dinner." Was her reply. I squealed with joy. 

#Joel's POV#

I was almost at Lyn's school when my phone rang. Luckily, I was at a traffic light so I could pick up the call immediately. "Hello?" I asked. "Hi, Joel..." It was Lyn. "I was wondering if my friend Amber can come over." 

"Uhhh... I really encourage you to make new friends, but since Lizzie and I are YouTubers, we would like to keep our address private or else all our fans would come knocking on our doors every day..." I answered. It's nice the Lyn already made a friend on the first day of school, but the no leaking of addresses thing was kinda important.  

I heard her sigh through the phone. "But... Joel... she won't leak our address..." I hated to discourage her but I had to, this time. "I'm sorry. I don't know her yet and I don't know if she would actually keep the address private. Wait there. I'm almost at school." Then Lyn hung up. 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. :| I was busy.... 

-Eclipse 🌙