Chapter 22 (Adopted By My Idols Finale)

#Lizzie's POV#

Today's the day. Me and Lyn have decided that when the movers go to our old house and collect Lyn's stuff from her room, we'll go and say one last goodbye to Joel. And then we're done.

Everything else is in place - my room, the guest room, the living room... just Lyn's room and then we can officially move in. So after lunch we'll drive over to Joel's.

#Joel's POV#

I was upstairs in my room when I heard the doorbell ring. No one had come to my door for days, and I wondered who it could be.

It's the last two people who I thought would ring my doorbell on this particular day. One, because they do have one of the house keys. Two, because we haven't talked since, you know, that day.

"Lizzie! Lyn!" I screamed and started to wrap my arms around Lizzie. But she dodged and I ended up losing my balance and lunging forwards. "I'm so glad you're here! Are you moving back?"

Lizzie kept a straight face, as well as Lyn at her side. "Don't get your hopes up, Joel." She said my name like it's a dirty piece of rubbish, but I kind of like how it sounds. It sounds just like how Jimmy said my name on AfterLife SMP just before we had a fist fight to the death - which I lost - in his panda dojo.

"As you don't know, we - me and Lyn - are moving. Out. Out of this house, out of Scott's house. We've bought our own house, and this is our last goodbye." My mind flashed to Lyn's comment on my Tweet - One last time. One last goodbye.

Oh no, I thought. This is what they meant. I should've known this is going to happen. "Movers are coming in fifteen minutes to move my stuff from my old room into our new house and then we're off. On new adventures. With Lizzie." Lyn continued. 

I felt heartbroken. They're moving. Gone after today. I couldn't reply. I didn't know what to say. I moved out of the way to let two men, who are the movers, come into the house. Lizzie went up the stairs to direct them into Lyn's room, and then they disappeared. I looked at Lyn. I haven't seen her in a month, and since then I saw how much she's grown.

She hugged me tight with tears in her eyes, and whispered: "Goodbye, Joel. I know I'll see you in the future. I know it." I couldn't resist hugging her back and telling her: "I know. I know we're going to meet again, even if Lizzie doesn't allow it. I'll miss you, Lyn. You will always be my little girl in my heart." And then I let go. 

                                                                                            THE END

A/N: Hey guys! This is the end of the story Adopted By My Idols. I hope you've enjoyed the storyline and good news - I will be writing a sequel to this story, it's going to be called 'Unknown (Book #2 in the series Adopted By My Idols): A Jizzie Adoption Story' it's not out yet, but when it's out, please go check it out! Thank you all for joining me on this amazing journey on writing my first (published) book. 

-Eclipse 🌙