Chapter 21

#Joel's POV#

I don't know what Lizzie's up to these days.

But I know for sure that she and Lyn aren't planning to come home anytime soon. And I also know that even on AfterLife SMP, Lizzie won't talk to me. I'm hoping that by the time Empires SMP Season Two comes around, she'll return to 'normal' and talk to me again. No promises, though.  

I have been spending my days sleeping in, taking scenic walks through the autumn forests behind my house and recording AfterLife and regular Minecraft single player videos. Lizzie's birthday, the 7th of October, is coming up in two weeks but I don't know if I should get her something and if she'll appreciate it. 

#Lyn's POV#

Timeskip to Lizzie's birthday (October 7th)

We're moving into our new house next week.

Me and Lizzie decided that the second house we visited would be perfect, and bought that. But since we don't have any furniture, we would have to buy a lot of stuff and spend quite a bit of money to fix up our new home. We have all of that done and now we have the living room and dining room all prepared for us. The bedrooms are almost done, except for mine, as we'll have to ask the movers to collect all my furniture from my old room and move it to the new house. Needless to say, I'm super excited. 

We've been living at Scotts' for around a month now, and many days were good days, but today is a far more exciting day than any of them. I woke up very early to a fast-asleep Lizzie on my right. I crept out of our bedroom, down the stairs as quietly as I could, and went into the kitchen, where Scott was waiting for me.

It's Lizzie's birthday today. Her first one since adopting me and breaking up with Joel. Last night, me and Scott agreed to wake up early and make her a delicious, big breakfast. And last week, while Lizzie was recording an AfterLife video, Scott drove me to the mall to pick out a birthday present for her. I noticed that she doesn't wear any jewellery except for a ring, so I picked out a gorgeous small diamond pendant necklace custom made just for her. The pendant is the word 'Lizzie' and I really hope that she likes it. Scott and I shared the cost so it will count as both of our presents for her.

Timeskip to 9am

I heard a door creak open, so I jumped up from my chair and told Scott to get ready. Once Lizzie came down the stairs, we shouted: "Happy birthday Lizzie!" I ran over and hugged her. "Thank you, Lyn and Scott!"

We had breakfast, then I showed Lizzie what we got for her. She loves it, and it's perfect for her. It's a Saturday, and I don't have school, so the three of us logged on to Minecraft and got into a PVP competition. I started recording the competition to make a new video on my channel. We had iron armour, diamond tools, a bow, lots of arrows and golden carrots. The last man or woman standing is the winner.

I aimed for Scott first, but Lizzie started attacking me so I started to shoot arrows at her. I have to admit, I'm quite good with a bow. "I'm on two hearts!" Lizzie squealed. I could hear her from the in-game voice chat and from upstairs. I'm playing from the living room, Lizzie's in our bedroom, and Scott's in his room. I laughed. Scott took the chance to swipe me with his sword. It took off three of my hearts, but then I quickly sprinted away and started shooting him with arrows, too. I won the first round, and we decided that we'll play ten rounds, and whoever has the most rounds won will win the mini tournament.

Scott won the next two rounds and then I won another. Lizzie, on the other hand, is not as good as a PVP player and didn't win any until the sixth round. Scott won with five out of ten rounds won, and I came second with four rounds won while Lizzie only won one round. But it's just a friendly game, and Lizzie didn't mind losing on her birthday. It's a good day. 

A/N: Hello! If you enjoy this book, please vote, I'll really appreciate it. If you have any advice or comment, leave it in the comments! Thanks! Aaaaand.... we hit 500 reads! Next goal - 1K reads...

-Eclipse 🌙